none
How to get Crystal Reports Editor in Visual Studio 2013 Preview?

Question

• In Visual Studio 2005, if I double-click a *.RPT file in Solution Explorer, the file opens in the Crystal Reports editor.
    In Visual Studio 2013 Preview, if I double-click a *.RPT file, it opens in Notepad.  How do I get it to use the Crystal Reports editor again, please?

Thanks and RICKgards
    Rick Raubenheimer

• Edited by Rick Raubie Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:17 AM
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 1:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Rick,

Since Visual Studio 2013 is still Preview version, I don't think you can find  something like this: SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio - 2012 Please notice that you will need to install additional packages for latest VS version, such as Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Studio 2012,

For more details, please reopen a new case on this forum:

http://scn.sap.com/community/crystal-reports-for-visual-studio/content?filterID=content~objecttype~objecttype[thread]

Or contact SAP for support since it is a third party feature to Visual Studio.

Best regards,

Barry Wang
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 5:34 AM