none
Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web Product Key is Invalid

Question

• Hi 

Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web Product Key is Invalid, Please suggest me how to get valid serial key.

Regards

Bipin Singh

Sunday, September 01, 2013 3:53 AM

Answers

• Hi Bipin Singh1,

You must register your Express Edition to receive a key to unlock the product for long-term use. Each Express Edition requires a unique key to unlock it. After you have unlocked the product by using this key, you will not be prompted again for this information.

To unlock Express Editions

1.     On the Help menu, click Register Product.
    2.     Click the Register now link to get your free key to unlock your Express Edition.
    3.     Sign in to Passport and then fill out the online registration form.
    4.     On the Thank you for registering page, copy the key.
    5.     In your Express Edition, paste the key in the Registration Key text box and then click Complete Registration.

Best Regards.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 02, 2013 12:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Bipin Singh1,

You must register your Express Edition to receive a key to unlock the product for long-term use. Each Express Edition requires a unique key to unlock it. After you have unlocked the product by using this key, you will not be prompted again for this information.

To unlock Express Editions

1.     On the Help menu, click Register Product.
    2.     Click the Register now link to get your free key to unlock your Express Edition.
    3.     Sign in to Passport and then fill out the online registration form.
    4.     On the Thank you for registering page, copy the key.
    5.     In your Express Edition, paste the key in the Registration Key text box and then click Complete Registration.

Best Regards.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 02, 2013 12:03 PM
  • You need to be logged in as Administrator when you register VS Express 2012, otherwise it just returns "invalid product key"
    • Proposed as answer by averagecanadian Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:02 PM
    Tuesday, September 03, 2013 1:39 PM
  • It would be nice, if it came up and told you that you needed admin priviledges to register insted of just saying invalid key.
    Friday, March 07, 2014 9:17 PM
  • I don't understand how one can get to the help menu. When I try and open VSE my only option is to exit VSE. There is an error message that states "downloaded license is insufficient" and that's it. Nothing can be done to rectify.

I just downloaded it and installed it and haven't been able to use it at all.

Monday, March 10, 2014 7:48 AM