none
Manage Code Readiness Check-Lists in Team System

Question

• Is there a built-in feature in TFS 2010 / 2012 to manage Code Readiness Check-Lists, i.e. pre-defined Check List destined to help verify that project code is ready for QA, for Production, etc...

If not, is something of this sort planned for a next version of TFS ? What would u recommend to do meanwhile in this aspect, preferably as possible not to create dedicated Work Item as a customization nor embed an excel attachment, in order to keep future compatibility.

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 1:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Moital, 

Thanks for your post.

Do you mean you want manage the Code Analysis rules during Team Build? As far as I know there’s no default way to manage project Code Analysis rules during Team Build, we can only set run or not run the Code Analysis in Build Definition.

For any suggestion, you can submit it to User Voice site at: http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio. Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously.   

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Moital.g Friday, February 08, 2013 10:58 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Moital.g Friday, February 08, 2013 10:58 PM
    Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:21 AM
  • Clarification Details

No, i want to be able to maintain a list of predefined checkboxes, each of which to use to mark whether an preparation activity was fulfilled before moving for example from QA to Production, i.e. a checklist one could manage manually but document and track within TFS, about the readiness of the code for Production.

Example : checkbox for Production SW Products ready for code deployment & activation, checkbox for End-Users were given guidance & users guide, etc...

This is more like a Project Mngmnt style of checklist, per major stage transitions in a project life cycle, like moving from QA to Production as mentioned above. Maybe it is something more of MS-Project / Project Server style of things, but nonetheless a solution that integrates with TFS in this manner would be nice to have rather than to manage it in some manual excel or similar.

thank u

• Marked as answer by Moital.g Friday, February 08, 2013 10:59 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Moital.g Friday, February 08, 2013 10:59 PM
    Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:28 AM
  • Hi Moital, 

Thanks for your reply.

As far as I know there’s no such default feature in TFS 2012. Have you tried to create a custom work item type to achieve that? I think you can try that.

For this scenario and any good suggestions, you can submit it to User Voice site at: http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio. Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously.  

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Moital.g Friday, February 08, 2013 10:59 PM
    Friday, February 08, 2013 2:30 AM
  • thank u
    Friday, February 08, 2013 11:00 PM