none
Can not open afxcontrolbars.h no such file or directory

Question

• hi,

I made a MFC application in visual studio team system 2008. it was working fine. today my system crashed and I have to reinstall all the things including visual studio team system 2008. But this time when I compiled my MFC application it gave me following error

"Error 1 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'afxcontrolbars.h': No such file or directory"

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Monday, November 15, 2010 8:19 AM

Answers

• Well, have you checked if the file is present in the VC\atlmfc\include directory?

If not then it means that you didn't install the MFC libraries when you reinstalled VS2008 or you didn't install the service pack for VS 2008 (this file wasn't present in the original release).

• Marked as answer by Sarfraz07 Tuesday, November 16, 2010 9:48 AM
    Monday, November 15, 2010 8:23 AM

All replies

• Well, have you checked if the file is present in the VC\atlmfc\include directory?

If not then it means that you didn't install the MFC libraries when you reinstalled VS2008 or you didn't install the service pack for VS 2008 (this file wasn't present in the original release).

• Marked as answer by Sarfraz07 Tuesday, November 16, 2010 9:48 AM
    Monday, November 15, 2010 8:23 AM
  • thanks..

I checked it but I did not find the file in VC\atlmfc\include. when I installed the visual Studio 2008, I chosen full and installed it. how can I get the service pack for visual studio to fix this problem or anything else that fix this thing..

thanks

Regards,

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 6:55 AM
  • thanks..

I checked it but I did not find the file in VC\atlmfc\include. when I installed the visual Studio 2008, I chosen full and installed it. how can I get the service pack for visual studio to fix this problem or anything else that fix this thing..

thanks

Regards,

You can dowbload it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=FBEE1648-7106-44A7-9649-6D9F6D58056E&displaylang=en
    Nave [My Blog]
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 6:56 AM