none
What is the best Visual Studio version to install for development on Windows 7 operating system?

Question

• Hi

I have got a new laptop with Windows 7 OS.I want to install Visual Studio for full development purpose. I would like to know which will be the best Visual Stduio version to install that causes no problem in setup with Windows 7?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Anu

Thursday, July 15, 2010 3:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Anu,

Thank you for your post.

VS2008 and VS2010 are supported on Windows 7.

As we know, the latest RTM version is Visual Studio 2010 products.
    For your concern, I would suggest you to refer to the feature comparison chart of VS2010 here: http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products.

You can check these features and select the one that you want.

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by anupmatrivedi Friday, July 16, 2010 1:50 PM
    Friday, July 16, 2010 10:25 AM

All replies

• Hi AnupmaTrivedi,

Thanks for the post. All the version of Visual Studio is compatible with Windows 7. So you can go ahead with the installation. Prerequisties will take care the files need for it.

Raman Katwal

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 7:57 PM
  • Hi Anu,

Thank you for your post.

VS2008 and VS2010 are supported on Windows 7.

As we know, the latest RTM version is Visual Studio 2010 products.
    For your concern, I would suggest you to refer to the feature comparison chart of VS2010 here: http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products.

You can check these features and select the one that you want.

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by anupmatrivedi Friday, July 16, 2010 1:50 PM
    Friday, July 16, 2010 10:25 AM