none
"XC1020: Build error occurred in the XAML MSBuild task" error in WWF 4.0

Question

• Hi,

I have started WWF4.0 console application with sequential workflow and tried to execute it, but then i was getting an error "XC1020: Build error occurred in the XAML MSBuild task: 'Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0\Profile\Client\Microsoft.CSharp.dll' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.'"

I have checked out the references and I could see that microsoft.csharp.dll is added to it.Unable to get the cause for this error.

Thursday, June 02, 2011 9:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    Could you see any error message Event Viewer?
    Are you the administrator of the building box? please also try build the project as an adminstrator(or change the security setting for this console application).

Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. My Blog: http://xhinker.com
    Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0 Cookbook
    Thursday, June 09, 2011 2:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    Could you see any error message Event Viewer?
    Are you the administrator of the building box? please also try build the project as an adminstrator(or change the security setting for this console application).

Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. My Blog: http://xhinker.com
    Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0 Cookbook
    Thursday, June 09, 2011 2:45 AM
  • thanks man,

Got the cause, i was not an administrator while running the program, run successfully as administrator.

Friday, June 10, 2011 5:27 AM
  • I have the same issue: I creates new project try to build it and see the same error (.NET 4.5).

Or I creates new project add new CodeActivity and add it into workflow in XAML - build failed with the same error (.NET 4) On same PCs .

Also on some PCs we have same error when build WPF where we add control from the same project.

This errors reproduces on a lot of PCs (Win 8x64, Win 7x64 ( .NET 4, .NET 4.5).

On all we try to do it in Admin mode - it is takes no sense.

Please help... I don't know what the root of the problem.

Saturday, November 10, 2012 8:08 PM
  • The same issue - constant errors on several PCs - same code compiled well on all other PCs but some have real trouble.

It seems like blocking issue becouse we cant finde what is the difference.

We working from admin users.

MS keep silence and dont want to help.

Did you find reasons of this problem?

Monday, February 11, 2013 6:01 AM