none
Cannot find or open the PDB file?

Question

• I m doing my project on visual C++ express 2010, when i linked opencv and executed simple image show program these  the errors im getting along with it

at first ,the errors are ''Cannot find or open the PDB file",so I try to load pdb.But it doesn't work ,I debug the project again,the errors are these follow.

'opencv.exe': Loaded 'D:\Visual\opencv\Debug\opencv.exe', Symbols loaded.
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'F:\opencv\opencv\build\x86\vc10\bin\opencv_core241d.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcp100d.dll', Symbols loaded.
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcr100d.dll', Symbols loaded.
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'F:\opencv\opencv\build\common\tbb\ia32\vc10\tbb_debug.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'F:\opencv\opencv\build\x86\vc10\bin\opencv_highgui241d.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\user32.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\gdi32.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\lpk.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\usp10.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ole32.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\rpcrt4.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\oleaut32.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\advapi32.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\sechost.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.7600.16661_none_ebfb56996c72aefc\comctl32.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\avifil32.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\winmm.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msacm32.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvfw32.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\shlwapi.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\avicap32.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\version.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\imm32.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msctf.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
    'opencv.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\nvinit.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
    The program '[5964] opencv.exe: Native' has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).

the bolded words means that I don't have the pdb about nvidia.

how can sovle the problems above?

Saturday, June 09, 2012 9:34 AM

Answers

• For you say nvinit.dll is nvidia-driver, I assume you may not be able to retrieve symbol-file, for I doubt nvidia will publish it.
    Symbol-files from Microsoft, "Symbols loaded (source information stripped)", are ok - for Microsoft symbol-server delivers only public pdbs.
    For files " 'F:\opencv\opencv\build\common\tbb\ia32\vc10\tbb_debug.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file ", you may try to load them manually, through
    "Debug->Windows->Modules".
    Right-clicking on modules
    "Symbol Load Information"
    will show the paths where Visual Studio will look for symbol-files.
    "Symbol Settings..."
    will open an Options-Dialog, where you can specify additional search-paths:
    How to: Specify Symbol Locations and Loading Behavior
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x54fht41.aspx
    But this will only succeed, if the symbol-files (*.pdb) exist locally on your pc - probably included in a package, or because you compiled the modules yourself - or you know a symbol-server, where they are stored.
    Certainly they have to match exactly the version of the respective module - else Visual-Studio will refuse to load them.
    But most times you only need the symbol-files for modules, you have built yourself for debugging, setting breakpoints at interesting points like I/O (file) operations, verifying return-values of functions, or giving general information about program-flow.

With kind regards

Saturday, June 09, 2012 11:40 AM