none
Run-time error '-2147467259 (800004005)'.... HELP please!!!

Question

• I created a simple database program using VB 6. I use ADO connection. Though, I used DAO too for my DBGrid. I also use classes and modules. I was able to run and compile this program. I actually was using it for three months now. Then, i suddenly encountered this error: "Run-time error '-2147467259 (800004005)': Unrecognized database format:'<my .mdb path>'".

I tried searching Microsoft KB but found none. I searched even the whole Microsoft site but to no avail. The only thing i remember before i encountered this is a MS patch was installed in my PC. The installation is automated by our company's servers. When i checked the last patch being installed before i encountered the error, MS06-034, it's a patch for ASPs which i think has nothing to do with my program. I hope any one could suggest what could have been wrong.

Friday, July 21, 2006 9:29 AM

Answers

• Sounds like your Access database got corrupted.  It is a common problem and tends to strike every couple of months.  I hope you have a recent backup.  Try using Access to repair the database, sometimes it works.  Tools + Database utilities, Compact and Repair database.  Good luck!

Friday, July 21, 2006 10:39 AM

All replies

• Sounds like your Access database got corrupted.  It is a common problem and tends to strike every couple of months.  I hope you have a recent backup.  Try using Access to repair the database, sometimes it works.  Tools + Database utilities, Compact and Repair database.  Good luck!

Friday, July 21, 2006 10:39 AM
  • Thnx for the info. Confirmed, it's my database that had been corrupted. Good thing I have back ups. I just replaced it with my most recent back up and there it run again. Haven't tried that repair tool yet. I'd still try to do that with the corrupted one. Thanx again..
    Monday, July 24, 2006 8:52 AM