none
Design patterns in C#

Question

• Please dont prescribe me a book...I need a link that explains about design patterns in C#.

Monday, February 25, 2008 2:02 PM

Answers

• There are alot of design patterns like Mvp, Provider Model, etc.  A lot of times what is refered to as Design Patterns is based on the class "Gang of Four" book.  Here is a link that explains each of them: http://www.dofactory.com/Patterns/Patterns.aspx

If you are asking "What is a Design Pattern", the answer could mean alot to different people.  But basically a design pattern is a well known (and named) solution to common reoccuring issues or designs that come up in the real world.
    Monday, February 25, 2008 2:10 PM

All replies

• There are alot of design patterns like Mvp, Provider Model, etc.  A lot of times what is refered to as Design Patterns is based on the class "Gang of Four" book.  Here is a link that explains each of them: http://www.dofactory.com/Patterns/Patterns.aspx

If you are asking "What is a Design Pattern", the answer could mean alot to different people.  But basically a design pattern is a well known (and named) solution to common reoccuring issues or designs that come up in the real world.
    Monday, February 25, 2008 2:10 PM
  • Although the link provided is useful, I would suggest that the person who wrote the original post still consider checking out a book or two on the subject. I'd definaly start with the original Gang-of-Four book:

Design Patterns

Beyond that there are many more design pattern books worth reading, inclduing Fowler's book on Enterprise Patterns:

Enterprise Patterns

Other good books on the subject are out there, including one on C# 3.0 Patterns that I have just began reading:

C# 3.0 Patterns

Monday, February 25, 2008 11:24 PM
  • You can't really learn everything there is to know about design patterns by reading a few links.I HIGHLY recommend this book:

Head First Design Patterns

It is centered around Java but not really...the principals apply with any language.  Plus, the techniques used really helps me learn proper design.HIGHLY recommended.
    Friday, April 04, 2008 6:44 PM