none
.NET Application does not start

Question

• Hi! I'm have following problem: my .NET application does not start on another computer. It has Win XP SP2, I've installed .NET Framework (2.0) from my distributive of Visual Studio, but problem remains. When I try to launch this application, just nothing happens, it appears in processes for a short time and than dissapears. There are no any error messages.

Application is simple "hello world" windows form, on my computer with VS 2005 installed all is ok.

What I have to do to solve this problem?

Friday, September 07, 2007 3:02 PM

All replies

• Did you setup your Startup Object to the "Program" object?

If not, right click on the project --> Properties.  On the Application tab, choose [projectName].Program from the Startup Object dropdown box.

Friday, September 07, 2007 3:15 PM
  • No, I speak about distributing my application. I create simple program, compile it on my computer, and it runs ok. Then i copy exe-file to another computer, with .NET framework (from my Visual Studio disc) installed, and it does not run, just nothing happens, even no any errors.

Friday, September 07, 2007 3:19 PM
  •  

Hi,

On your machine are you running it by double clicking the exe or running it under VS2005? If possible upload the sample code/exe.

Cheers

Friday, September 07, 2007 4:19 PM
  • Please try to run the application in command prompt, so that at least you can see the error message.

Friday, September 07, 2007 4:23 PM
  • SThotakura2

Both, and from VS, and by double click. Now I am not able to upload program, I can do it later or mail you it.

timts
    Thanks for advice, I'll try some later...

Friday, September 07, 2007 4:31 PM
  •  

What did happen when you run from the command prompt? Did it throw any error?
    Tuesday, September 11, 2007 11:27 AM
  • Hi again! I've tried to run console application on that computer - it run's ok. So, the problem is with winforms application, even with the simpliest. What are the next steps to solve this problem?

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 4:31 PM
  • The service pack in correctly installed. The same problem i get and after reinstall the service i got the solution.

Thursday, October 04, 2007 12:49 PM
  • can you clarify please, which Service Pack should be reinstalled?

is it Windows XP Service Pack or is it the SP of .Net Framework?

i am experiencing the same problem and have already turned mad about it Smile

thanks in advance for any info that would lead to the eliminating of the problem...

Friday, October 05, 2007 8:45 AM
  • For run .Net application in Windows XP it required SP 3. Otherwise it not show any error.

Try to create a log file during exe run through code. 
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:56 AM