none
Upgrade from .net framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 3.5 SP1 to 4.0 for both windows and web applications.

Question

•  

Please help me for following

1.       Best practices to do .net framework upgrade. Document of this will really helpful.

2.       Upgrade issues list/database which are common in upgrade process

3.       How to resolve such issues. Standard solutions available. URL/document will really help.

4.       Any other tool available to upgrade than VS2010

HappyThoughts
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 10:08 AM

Answers

• The easiest and most straightforward way to get the answers you want is to use the VS2010 Upgrade Wizard on *copies* of your existing solutions. VS2010 (as you probably know) targets .NET Framework 4.0 by default, so running the Upgrade Wizard (happens automatically when you load an old solution in VS2010) will show you what, if any, issues you will have to deal with.

IMHO, this technique will give you the most accurate picture of your .NET 4.0 "future", as the information you get will pertain specifically to your solutions.

• Proposed as answer by Alexander Sun Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:03 AM
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 1:27 PM

All replies

• The easiest and most straightforward way to get the answers you want is to use the VS2010 Upgrade Wizard on *copies* of your existing solutions. VS2010 (as you probably know) targets .NET Framework 4.0 by default, so running the Upgrade Wizard (happens automatically when you load an old solution in VS2010) will show you what, if any, issues you will have to deal with.

IMHO, this technique will give you the most accurate picture of your .NET 4.0 "future", as the information you get will pertain specifically to your solutions.

• Proposed as answer by Alexander Sun Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:03 AM
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 1:27 PM
  • Hi,

I think you have researched already which i am doing for the same "Migration .Net 2.0 to 4.0 Framework".

Please help me for the same as you required in beging..  

1.       Best practices to do .net framework upgrade. Document of this will really helpful.

3.       How to resolve such issues. Standard solutions available. URL/document will really help.

Thnaks in advance HAPPYThoughts

Friday, September 07, 2012 12:03 PM
  • Please help me for following

HappyThoughts

Very usefull thread
    Friday, September 07, 2012 12:06 PM