none
Membership / log-in system for a Visual Studio project

Question

• I just installed Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop.

I want to build a desktop application that will use an SQl Server database.

Is there a built in membership system that I can make use of? Similar to the ASP.NET membership system?

If so how do I set it up?

And how to I set-up which forms users have access to? Is there an equivalent to a web.config file where I can give people access to certain forms?

Monday, January 28, 2013 9:49 PM

All replies

• *bump*
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:40 PM
  • Hi TonyLoco23,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

I want to build a desktop application that will use an SQl Server database.

I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum for this issue, to help you find the correct forum, would you mind letting us know more information about this issue? Which language are you using, VB or C# or others? Which kind for app are you developing, the WPF or the WinForms app or others? I’m afraid that you would select the specific development forum for this issue.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:40 AM
  • Thanks Jack,

It is a windows forms application with VB.net. I cannot find the correct forum to post my questions. can you point me in the right direction?

Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:57 PM
  • Hi TonyLoco23,

Glad to receive your reply.

If it is the windows Forms app, you could select the correct forum from Windows Forms, and there you would get dedicated support.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, February 01, 2013 6:33 AM