none
Create flowchart from C# code

Answers

• Hi – I think my information can help:

Microsoft® has actually made such tool for Visual Studio® which you can download as an add-in.
    The tool looks like, see Figure A, below:

Figure A: Using the FlowChartForm in Visual Studio.

You can download the tool from the following site:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0ce3cbbd-7fc7-410b-8c2c-e18d1c60a6cd

Note: Just install it, and start Visual Studio after that the installation is complete. Open/Create a new C# project and
    open the code view page in Visual Studio, right-click on a method and choose "Generate Flow Chart...".

I hope this helps…

Have a nice day…

Best regards,
    Fisnik   

Coder24.com
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 3:55 PM

All replies

•  

Is there a tool ( preferably free ) to create a flowchart from C# code?

Just Be Humble Malange!
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 3:40 PM
  • Hi – I think my information can help:

Microsoft® has actually made such tool for Visual Studio® which you can download as an add-in.
    The tool looks like, see Figure A, below:

Figure A: Using the FlowChartForm in Visual Studio.

You can download the tool from the following site:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0ce3cbbd-7fc7-410b-8c2c-e18d1c60a6cd

Note: Just install it, and start Visual Studio after that the installation is complete. Open/Create a new C# project and
    open the code view page in Visual Studio, right-click on a method and choose "Generate Flow Chart...".

I hope this helps…

Have a nice day…

Best regards,
    Fisnik   

Coder24.com
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 3:55 PM
  • Hi Fisnik,

Its a great feature, thanks for sharing. but it's for vs2008.

My project is in VS2005 & need to create the flowcharts & also we have to create code documentation using xml comments.

Do we have anything for VS2005 ? or Any way to use this cool feature in VS2005.

Please reply.

Regards,
    Pankaj
    • Proposed as answer by Pankaj B Monday, February 22, 2010 4:50 AM
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 5:46 AM
  • Anything similar for VS 2010 Pro?
    Friday, January 07, 2011 5:12 PM
  • For anyone else that comes across this post, you may be interested in our Code Rocket tool. It allows you to create a flowchart from C# (and C/C++ and Java) code. It also allows you to generate code from flowchart.

You can find more information at our website: www.getcoderocket.com

Best regards,
    Alan

Code Rocket - Pseudocode and flowcharts inside Visual Studio. www.getcoderocket.com
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 1:44 PM
  • For anyone else that comes across this post, you may be interested in our Code Rocket tool. It allows you to create a flowchart from C# (and C/C++ and Java) code. It also allows you to generate code from flowchart.

You can find more information at our website: www.getcoderocket.com

Best regards,
    Alan

Code Rocket - Pseudocode and flowcharts inside Visual Studio. www.getcoderocket.com
    Is there a download for 2010?
    Saturday, February 25, 2012 9:26 PM
  • Is there a download for 2010?

Hi,

Yes, our plugin works with Visual Studio 2010. As a matter of fact, we have just launched brand new versions of Code Rocket including Code Rocket for Visual Studio.

New features include Visual Basic support and debugger integration. You can find more information and download the trial version here.

For Visual Studio Express users, we recommend Code Rocket Designer.

Best regards,

Alan

Code Rocket - Pseudocode and flowcharts inside Visual Studio. www.rapidqualitysystems.com

• Edited by f1alan Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:55 PM fixed formatting issues
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:53 PM
  • http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=1468

• Visual Programming Flow Chart is a supplementary teaching tool designed to help students understand program control flow. It generates flow charts for functions and saves them in the JPG picture format. This tool is easily activated from the Visual Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE) by simply right-clicking on a function name and choosing “Generate flow chart…” from the context menu. The resulting flowchart can be customized by changing its colors and other effects. This visual tool provides an intuitive way to explore source code, to examine its control flow, and to identify logic errors.
    Friday, June 01, 2012 3:03 PM