none
where is the RENDER function like other 3d designing technologies

Question

• Hi,

I have created a fairly complex 3d object using ZAM3d, the object when i create and render using the "render window" function in zam 3d is pretty good looking but when i convert the same to the xaml the LOOKS are lost.

the diff. is visible in this http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1761/renderdiffmt7.jpg 

is it possible to do something like "SupressRender" to have the same looks in xaml a well.

Thanks and Regards,

Brij

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 1:26 PM

All replies

• I could be wrong here, but from looking at the image and from the fact that it's called the "render window" my guess is they're doing ray tracing. Ray tracing is done on the CPU and it's a completely different rendering technique than what your video card is doing. You'll never get the two to look exactly alike. You can get that "darker" feel by tweaking your lights.

See the shadow under the side mirror? Hardware rendering can do shadows but WPF3D doesn't have that feature.

Thursday, December 21, 2006 12:40 AM
  • thanks,

but i think, WPF renders an object in 3 phases....

Tier 0,1,2..... right ?

and if an object is getting rendered in tier2, shouldn't the ray tracing be provided (let the Graphic card do it).....

Or we could have more levels for fine rendering in tier 2.....

Tier 2.0 = Without ray tracing

2.1 = with ray tracing....and so on...

Or --  let the WPF decide it - by taking a look at Graphic card, CPU, and current memory availability....i am sure WPF does it for defining the rederingcapability....but why not do it for ray tracing......

thanks and regards

Brij

Thursday, December 21, 2006 8:12 AM
  • Tier 0,1,2 are related to the capabilities of your graphics card, they determine what work is done in hardware on the graphics card, and what work has to fall back to software rendering on the CPU. These are not seperate phases.

WPF does not perform any ray tracing.

Thursday, December 21, 2006 8:47 AM