none
Power control of windows: How to reboot and wake from hibernate/standby?

Question

• Hi everyone:

I have only found

system.windows.forms.application.setsuspendstate

method could make system into standby or hibernate state, but I don't
    know how to reboot the system via .net method.
    Must I call API functions to reboot the system?

And I want to know how to wake up the system after hibernate/standby?
     For example, if my user input "3" and hibernate, the system should
    enter hibernate and wake up itself after 3 minutes.

Is that a method could do this in .net framework?
    or which API should I call?

Thanks very much!!!
    Wednesday, April 12, 2006 2:47 AM

All replies

• I don't think it's possible, after you hibernate, the operating system already lost it's control of the PC, and in standby mode the it only maintains enough information to wake itself up again. In another words, the OS won't be able to launch any applications while it's in hiberation/standby.

In order to achieve what you want you probably need bios support.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 5:30 AM
  • Thanks for your reply, but I do have a software could do that.
    But the software doesn't allow user adjust the delay time. It only use its default time.
    For example, I can input "300" to let my computer standby or hibernate for 300 times, and of course, I need do nothing during the process.

And another software could shutdown the computer and open it after some specific seconds set by user, the program call that "cold boot",  user only input a number and set the delay time, it will shutdown and open itself.

I'm very ,very want to know how it does.  And I want to combine all the functions to one software,and I have done much, the last thing is how to wake the computer .

Thanks!!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 7:28 AM
  • -_-##

Could anyone help me?
    Thursday, April 13, 2006 9:27 AM
  • You say you have software that can do this? This sounds odd. I'm sure it does something with the BIOS: tell us what it is, and we may have a better answer for you.

Thursday, April 13, 2006 5:40 PM
  • I've made an experiment:  I've  run the software on    acer, NEC,and Toshiba notebooks ,
    the notebook has different BIOS ,of course.   But the software worked normally on all kinds of NB.

So I think maybe there are some API s  can do this?
    or ,If it uses the BIOS, all the BIOS must supply the same interface, what's it and how to use?

Thanks!!!

Monday, April 17, 2006 12:10 AM