none
Visual Studio 2010 doesn't remember my start url choice

Question

• Hello,

I have a web site on my development box that I debug daily.

Every time I open my website's solution, I see that "use current page" is selected, even though I have never ever chosen the "use current page" option.

I keep going my start url to:   

http://localhost:myport/mypage.aspx

but every time I open my website's solution it's always set to "use current page."

-Eric

Thursday, March 17, 2011 7:37 PM

Answers

•  

If your web site folder is "C:\Users\userA\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\WebSites\WebSite4\", you can find WebSite4.sln and WebSite4.suo under "C:\Users\userA\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\WebSite4\", delete the WebSite4.suo file, and retry.

Eric Yang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by eryang Monday, April 11, 2011 6:24 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:46 AM

All replies

•  

Did you use any source control software, make sure you have checked out (or hijacked) the .csproj file; You may also delete the .csproj.user file and then retry.

Eric Yang [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, March 21, 2011 7:58 AM
  • Hello,

The code-behind for my web site is in vb.net, but I don't have a .vbproj file for my web site, just for my middle tier stuff.

-Eric

Monday, March 21, 2011 7:12 PM
  •  

If your web site folder is "C:\Users\userA\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\WebSites\WebSite4\", you can find WebSite4.sln and WebSite4.suo under "C:\Users\userA\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\WebSite4\", delete the WebSite4.suo file, and retry.

Eric Yang [MSFT]

• Marked as answer by eryang Monday, April 11, 2011 6:24 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:46 AM