none
anyone ever met this? "Unable to find a runtime version to run this application"

Question

• when i run some assembly, it says this.

"Unable to find a runtime version to run this application"

what's the matter?

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 12:21 PM

Answers

• I was also getting this problem. But when I repaired my framework this issue get resolved. To repare your framework you can use Add Remove programs of your control panel
    Friday, April 25, 2008 5:50 AM

All replies

• I met it once in Boise, Idaho, and didn't much care for it

What do you mean by "run some assembly"?  What's the assembly, and what are you trying to do with it?

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 12:23 PM
  • some assembly means I have met twice today. two applications show this error.

the second application is downloaded from net, whose strongname has been removed by some tool.

i think maybe the strongname signature is the course of this error, but the first application get no strongname atall, and still show this error.

i wonder what's the reason and how to resolve this.

i hope u can understand my poor english.^_^

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 12:27 PM
  • Yes, it happens to me too. I develop an application under VB2005, and want to test it in Win98 platform. I installed MSI Installer 2.0 and .NET Framework 2.0 to that computer, and copy all files in my debug directory to the computer. It runs fine at the first time, and runs smooth after I exit and rerun it again, until I shutdown the computer and try to run that application again, it shows that dialog. I'm still wonder how is this happen. Maybe I have to create application package? Any help would be great

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 9:56 AM
  •  Michael Rawi wrote:

Yes, it happens to me too. I develop an application under VB2005, and want to test it in Win98 platform. I installed MSI Installer 2.0 and .NET Framework 2.0 to that computer, and copy all files in my debug directory to the computer. It runs fine at the first time, and runs smooth after I exit and rerun it again, until I shutdown the computer and try to run that application again, it shows that dialog. I'm still wonder how is this happen. Maybe I have to create application package? Any help would be great

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 10:35 AM
  • I was also getting this problem. But when I repaired my framework this issue get resolved. To repare your framework you can use Add Remove programs of your control panel
    Friday, April 25, 2008 5:50 AM
  • Check your virus scanner...

It treat your assembly exe has virus. (See application log or clean history)
    If your virus scanner cleans the assembly internal automatically ( remove part of your assembly contents) then assembly will generate this error.
    • Edited by paul.dn.lee Monday, August 25, 2008 1:55 AM Found it.
    • Proposed as answer by paul.dn.lee Monday, August 25, 2008 1:55 AM
    Monday, August 25, 2008 1:37 AM
  • Yes in the control panel ,but what do I fix in there
    Saturday, April 03, 2010 1:41 PM