none
Create new Ms Access Database mdb / accdb

Question

• Hey Guys,

Does any of you know of a way to create an Ms Access Database (either mdb or accdb) without having to use adox or interop?

Cheers,

John

Sunday, April 25, 2010 1:11 AM

Answers

• If you are using Visual Studio, then there is a setup and deployment project, that will do everything for you.

Otherwise I'm every systemadministrator know how to register using Gacutil which you show (beside that it is very easy to do, if you have once done it.)

It is exactly like it is on that page, altough probably if there is already ms access on that server it is not even needed.

Success
    Cor
    • Marked as answer by John Bravo Sunday, April 25, 2010 10:24 PM
    Sunday, April 25, 2010 11:55 AM

All replies

• No that is impossible, .Net has no possibilities to create a Jet (MS Access Database file).

You have to use AdoX for that.

I checked to be sure if there is a template in VB Net for Office application in version 2010 and that is lso not there.

However, it is only about the creation of the file, tables can than be created in Net.

http://www.vb-tips.com/CreateMDB.aspx

Success
    Cor
    Sunday, April 25, 2010 7:56 AM
  • Thanks Cor,  "Dankje!"

That's what I thought, too bad. The reason why i'm asking is that the app is hosted by a Windows 2008 Server, and MS Jet is out for that matter. I can ofcourse use MS Access 12 Oledb provider in combination with ADOX or Interop. But that would mean that i need additional dll's in my GAC. Have you got any experience with that? How do i deploy the app in that case, so that the dll's are registered?

I found this article: but i've got no clue on how to attack this best. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

John

Sunday, April 25, 2010 11:47 AM
  • If you are using Visual Studio, then there is a setup and deployment project, that will do everything for you.

Otherwise I'm every systemadministrator know how to register using Gacutil which you show (beside that it is very easy to do, if you have once done it.)

It is exactly like it is on that page, altough probably if there is already ms access on that server it is not even needed.

Success
    Cor
    • Marked as answer by John Bravo Sunday, April 25, 2010 10:24 PM
    Sunday, April 25, 2010 11:55 AM
  • I guess you are right, i'll give it go, see what happens.

--> I didn't know that these deployement projects were that fancy :). Thanks anyways!

Cheers,

John

Sunday, April 25, 2010 10:24 PM