none
Visual Studio 2010 issue

Question

• I have a windows forms project in VS 2010. After installing Visual Studio 2012 I can't debug my project anymore. I get the following error:

'A fatal error has occurred and debugging needs to be terminated. For more details, please see the Microsoft Help and Support website. HRESULT=0x8007000e. ErrorCode=0x0.'

Can anyone help with this issue?

Monday, January 28, 2013 8:29 AM

Answers

• Hello SunetteZ,

Thank you for your post.

I suggest that you can create a new and simple windows forms application in VS2012 and then try to debug it to check the result.

If you still have this issue, I doubt this issue is related to VS.

You could locate to the IDE folder then run these commands, or you can set path to the system environment.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE

Devenv.exe /SafeMode: Launches the IDE in safe mode loading minimal windows.

Devenv.exe /ResetSettings: Restores the IDE's default settings, optionally resets to the specified VSSettings file.

Devenv.exe /ResetAddin: Removes commands and command UI associated with the specified Add-in.

Devenv.exe /ResetSkipPkgs: Clears all SkipLoading tags added to VSPackages.

After these, you can create a new project in a new workspace to avoid if there’re any problems of the old workspace settings. If still has no help, how about repairing your VS?

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:51 AM

All replies

• Hello SunetteZ,

Thank you for your post.

I suggest that you can create a new and simple windows forms application in VS2012 and then try to debug it to check the result.

If you still have this issue, I doubt this issue is related to VS.

You could locate to the IDE folder then run these commands, or you can set path to the system environment.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE

Devenv.exe /SafeMode: Launches the IDE in safe mode loading minimal windows.

Devenv.exe /ResetSettings: Restores the IDE's default settings, optionally resets to the specified VSSettings file.

Devenv.exe /ResetAddin: Removes commands and command UI associated with the specified Add-in.

Devenv.exe /ResetSkipPkgs: Clears all SkipLoading tags added to VSPackages.

After these, you can create a new project in a new workspace to avoid if there’re any problems of the old workspace settings. If still has no help, how about repairing your VS?

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:51 AM
  • Hello SunetteZ,

What about your issue now? Could you get useful information from our reply?

I mark my reply as answer. If my suggestion can’t help you, you can come back and unmark it as answer. And then if possible you could let us know the result of the suggestion.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]

Monday, February 04, 2013 2:44 AM