none
Forcing build order in VS 2012 with ReferenceOutputAssembly = false or Copy Local = false

Question

• Trying to reference projects to force build order with TFS 2012. TFS is building correctly with the following setup but when debugging or building my Web Applications locally I get odd results.

Setup a solution with four projects
    Project A = a Class library (this is plugin project for my website)
    Project B = a project containing a reference to project A (this is used to for the build order)
    Project C = a web Application containing a reference to project B with copy local set to false
    Project D = a web Application containing a reference to project B with copy local set to false
    Project E = a console Application containing a reference to project B with copy local set to false

When building the solution everything builds fine. The binaries for project A are only in project A's output and project B's output.

When performing a rebuild on project C the binaries for project A are copied into the bin for project D.
    When performing a rebuild on project D the binaries for project A are copied into the bin for project C.

Project E does not experience the same issue as the Web Applications.

I have tried using ReferenceOutputAssembly = false in the reference to Project B and this had the same results.

Monday, May 20, 2013 3:39 PM

All replies