none
Stop TeamBuild from overriding OutDir specified

Question

• So I am having an issue building windows 8 C#\XAML controls when using TeamBuild in that it always creates a folder set to project's name and places the projects output in this folder.  I've tried overriding this by passing in OutDir in the MSBuild arguments, but no luck.  If I build the projects locally on my machine MSBuild doesn't make these folders, it puts everything in one folder that I have specified in as the OutputPath; it's only occurring when I'm building using TeamBuild.  I've tried using Windows Workflow and MSBuild script and both have this same issue.  I'm using TFS 2010.  I think I found the issue that's causing this in Microsoft.Common.targets, where it's setting the following:

<!-- For projects that generate app packages or ones that want a per-project output directory, update OutDir to include the project name -->
        <OutDir Condition="'$(OutDir)' != '' and '$(OutDirWasSpecified)' == 'true' and (('$(WindowsAppContainer)' == 'true' and '$(GenerateProjectSpecificOutputFolder)' != 'false') or '$(GenerateProjectSpecificOutputFolder)' == 'true')">$(OutDir)$(ProjectName)\</OutDir>

Any thoughts on how I can stop it from making this Project's name folder an just put all the output into one directory like it does when I build it locally?

Thanks, --Geoff

• Moved by Aaron Xue Monday, December 03, 2012 6:44 AM (From:Building Windows Store apps with C# or VB )
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Geoff,

Thanks for posting,

I think, It would be better for this issue to post in TFS TeamBuild forum and it will be moved to the forum immediately.

Aaron Xue [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 03, 2012 6:41 AM
  • Hello Geoff,

Have you tried the OutputPath propery? You may check: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff977206.aspx

Thanks & Regards,

Jian-Wei Yu [MSFT]

Microsoft Online Community Support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:43 AM
  • Hello Jian-Wei,

I actually was able to stop the behavior by passing in /p:GenerateProjectSpecificOutputFolder=false for the MSBuild Arguments in the build definition.

Thanks,

--Geoff

Thanks, --Geoff

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:55 PM