none
Message Error "Unhandled exception has occured in a component in your application"

Question

• Everytime I try to close Outlook Express (2003)  an error message appear from Microsoft.NET Framework

"Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. CO< object that has been separated from its underlying RC cannot be used.

Because I cannot get rid of the message need to shut down the computer.

When I switch on the computer again and  try to open Microsoft outlook a message appears saying  that the PST file  wasn't shut down properly and start to check the application for errors.

Any ideas how can I sort this out?

Thank you Sara Raquel

Wednesday, January 09, 2013 3:35 PM

Answers

• This sounds like your Outlook 2003 installation is corrupted.

I suggest you try to repair your installation, and if that does not help, do a complete reinstallation.

You mention that the error message appears from the .NET Framework, but the message itself "Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application." indicates that Outlook failed because it could not handle the exception, then the exception was passed to the CLR for resolution.

If you want to check .NET Framework versions on your computer, do the following:

Use this tool to verify:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

Run the tool with .NET 3.5 selected if you don't see 3.5, use 2.0), then post the first 15 lines AND the LAST 15 lines of the tool log here.

Wednesday, January 09, 2013 10:47 PM