I am quite new to lightswitch and i think its a brilliant invention from microsoft. I have afew questions and if i can do this lightswitch, it will cut my development time by alot and i can spend more time at the beach.
1. I have 3 comboboxes, these are meant to be cascading, Hotels. Rooms, Dates.........the Hotels combobox will list all the hotels, the user will select a hotel and this inturn should populate the Rooms combobox, because certain Rooms are only avaiable in certain Hotels, now the Dates combobox should have Dates for the hotel that was selected and the room that was selected. (The Dates table also stores a price). When the user clicks on the required Date in the combobox, i wat to display the price from the Dates table. PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN GET THIS TO WORK, PLEASE
2. I need to create a pdf with the company logo and then mail that pdf, PLEASE TELL ME I CAN DO THIS, I CANNOT FIND ANY TUTORIALS ON HOW TO DO THIS...PLEASE.
3. Can i also add the company logo to the home screen? if so can you please tell me how to this also, and also if possible, can a user select themes.
PS, i might have wrote this is the wrong forum, please can some one move it to the correct forum
Remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post, if it helps you. Because It helps others to find the solution
- Changed type nivash_ns Friday, January 28, 2011 2:05 PM
1) I think this other thread can help you achieving what you need: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/lightswitchgeneral/thread/b35cbc1d-5a13-4c67-ad98-be71df6f67b2
2) Maybe this thread might be helpful: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/lightswitchgeneral/thread/a27ebbea-5175-473d-9ce7-d213cc26da08
3) You could build a custom home screen. Check this out: http://lightswitch.adefwebserver.com/Blog/tabid/61/EntryId/4/A-LightSwitch-Home-Page.aspx
André Alves de Lima
Microsoft MVP - Client App Dev
Visite o meu site: http://www.andrealveslima.com.br
Me siga no Twitter: @andrealveslima