none
wmimgmt.msc failed to connect to remote computer because "Win32: The RPC server is unavailable"

Question

• I've similar problem (NOT exact one) http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxbcl/thread/4207c95f-bfbc-4b04-8d99-27abd5c0d96b/

I'm trying to connect (wmimgmt.msc) my remote server located at the parent forest/domain from a server located at child forest/domain

When I use my child forest/domain id to connect (wmimgmt.msc) it's giving me following error "failed to connect to //REMOTECOMPUTER because "Win32: The RPC server is unavailable".

Where as when I try to connect to remote server (in parent domain) using parent forest id then it's working fine. However, both the IDs are part of same groups like local administrator group of remote computer in parent domain. Also, I've verified DCOM security settings all are intact. 

Strange point is if I Login to my parent domain server with child domain Id or use runas child domain id locally in parent domain remote server then wmimgmt.msc is working fine.

I would like to here some pointers from experts !!

Anoop C Nair - @anoopmannur :: MY Site:  www.AnoopCNair.com :: FaceBook:  ConfigMgr(SCCM) Page :: Linkedin:  Linkedin<

Friday, April 05, 2013 11:25 AM

All replies