none
microsoft visual c++ 2005 reditributable

Question

• When i try to install the game it automatically starts installing microsoft visual c++ 2005 reditributable which stuck on half of the procedure then after a while there came an error. I am sick of it please help me there is window 7 ultimate 32 bit installed in my machine. This is an error

error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly

Microsoft.VC80.ATL,type="win32",version="8.0.50727.42" ,publicKey token="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b" ,processorArchitecture="x86".Please refer to Help and Support for more information.

I had installed the vcredist_x86.exe but it doesn't work

Thursday, May 05, 2011 8:13 AM

Answers

• The %temp% folder only stores system temporary files, based on my experience, it is safe to clean this folder. 

• Marked as answer by Abdullah441 Tuesday, May 24, 2011 7:48 AM
    Friday, May 20, 2011 10:19 AM

All replies

• When i try to install the game it automatically starts installing microsoft visual c++ 2005 reditributable which stuck on half of the procedure then after a while there came an error. I am sick of it please help me there is window 7 ultimate 32 bit installed in my machine. This is an error

error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly

Microsoft.VC80.ATL,type="win32",version="8.0.50727.42" ,publicKey token="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b" ,processorArchitecture="x86".Please refer to Help and Support for more information.

I had installed the vcredist_x86.exe but it doesn't work

hey please someone who knows the solution please reply
    Thursday, May 05, 2011 6:17 PM
  • Hi Abdullah441,

Thanks for your post.

You mentioned you've tried the vcredist_x86.exe, did you download it from this link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE? If not, would you please download and try this one again?

A 1935 error is one of the most common problems that can prevent a user from being able to install the applications that uses the Windows Installer MSIAssembly and MSIAssemblyName tables to install assemblies. In general, this error means that Windows Installer encountered an error while trying to install assemblies to the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) or the Win32 GAC (WinSxS).  This error is considered fatal and causes setup to fail and initiate rollback.

Would you please try the steps mentioned in this bolg: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2004/11/10/255346.aspx, and post the result back here?

Before install, please turn off your anti-virus/antispyware software; clean your %temp% folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%). Then run the setup with Administrator privilege.

If the installation still failed, please collect the installation log files from "%temp%" folder with the Log Collection Tool. After run the tool, you can upload the vslogs.cab file to someplace on the Internet from where we can download it, such as SkyDrive.com, then post the URL links here.

Waiting to hear from you.

Best Regards, 

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:52 AM
  • How to clean the temp files

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:29 PM
  • here is the link for vslogs.cab file which i have uploaded thnkx help me

https://cid-f0668aa1a440bbf6.office.live.com/browse.aspx/vslogs?uc=1&nl=1

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:57 PM
  • Hi Abdullah441,

Thanks for your post.

You mentioned you've tried the vcredist_x86.exe, did you download it from this link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE? If not, would you please download and try this one again?

A 1935 error is one of the most common problems that can prevent a user from being able to install the applications that uses the Windows Installer MSIAssembly and MSIAssemblyName tables to install assemblies. In general, this error means that Windows Installer encountered an error while trying to install assemblies to the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) or the Win32 GAC (WinSxS).  This error is considered fatal and causes setup to fail and initiate rollback.

Would you please try the steps mentioned in this bolg: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2004/11/10/255346.aspx, and post the result back here?

Before install, please turn off your anti-virus/antispyware software; clean your %temp% folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%). Then run the setup with Administrator privilege.

If the installation still failed, please collect the installation log files from "%temp%" folder with the Log Collection Tool. After run the tool, you can upload the vslogs.cab file to someplace on the Internet from where we can download it, such as SkyDrive.com, then post the URL links here.

Best Regards, 

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

here is the link for vslogs.cab file which i have uploaded thnkx help me

https://cid-f0668aa1a440bbf6.office.live.com/browse.aspx/vslogs?uc=1&nl=1

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:16 PM
  • Hi Abdullah,

Thanks for posting back.

However, I could not access the vslogs.cab file via the link you provide. Would you please check if the access permission has set to Public? For how to the permissions for an existing folder, please see: http://explore.live.com/windows-live-skydrive-change-access-permissions-faq

Have a gread day.

Andrew Wu [MSFT]

Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:04 AM
  • Hi Abdullah,

Thanks for posting back.

However, I could not access the vslogs.cab file via the link you provide. Would you please check if the access permission has set to Public? For how to the permissions for an existing folder, please see: http://explore.live.com/windows-live-skydrive-change-access-permissions-faq

Have a gread day.

Andrew Wu [MSFT]

i have changed is permission to everyone u can access it through this link

http://cid-f0668aa1a440bbf6.office.live.com/browse.aspx/vslogs

Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:34 PM
  • Hi Abdullah,

From the log files, I could find:

Error 1704.An installation for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable is currently suspended.  You must undo the changes made by that installation to continue.  Do you want to undo those changes?
    Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.ATL,type="win32",version="8.0.50727.42",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x800736FD. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, component: {97F81AF1-0E47-DC99-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}
    Error 1719.The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.

First, would you please help to check if the VC++ 2005 setup is the only setup program that is running? Please make sure that you're only running one setup at one time.

Then please check that the Windows Installer service is set to manual but not disable via the following steps:

• Click Start menu, click Run, type services.msc in the Open text box, and then click OK.
    • In the Services (Local) list, right-click Windows Installer, and then click Properties.
    • If the Startup type drop-down list is set to a value of Disable, select the Manual option from the Startup type drop-down list, and then click OK.
    • Click the File menu, and then click Exit.

Step 3: Unregister and re-register the Windows Installer

• Click Start menu, in the start search box, type MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK .
    • Click Start Orb, in the start search box, type MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK . After you run this command, the operation is complete.

For more information, please see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2438651

Step 4: Follow the steps below to install Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable again:

1. Download the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package from the link below;
      http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE
    2. Please go to Control Panel >> Program and features, and check if the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable exists in the program list. If so, please firstly uninstall it.
    3. Turn off your anti-virus/antispyware software;
    4. Clean your %temp% folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%).
    5. Run the setup with Administrator privilege: right-click the installer -> Run as administrator.

If there are any updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards, 

Andrew Wu [MSFT]

Friday, May 20, 2011 9:57 AM
  • The %temp% folder only stores system temporary files, based on my experience, it is safe to clean this folder. 

• Marked as answer by Abdullah441 Tuesday, May 24, 2011 7:48 AM
    Friday, May 20, 2011 10:19 AM
  • Hi Abdullah,

From the log files, I could find:

Error 1704.An installation for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable is currently suspended.  You must undo the changes made by that installation to continue.  Do you want to undo those changes?
    Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.ATL,type="win32",version="8.0.50727.42",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x800736FD. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, component: {97F81AF1-0E47-DC99-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}
    Error 1719.The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.

First, would you please help to check if the VC++ 2005 setup is the only setup program that is running? Please make sure that you're only running one setup at one time.

Then please check that the Windows Installer service is set to manual but not disable via the following steps:

• Click Start menu, click Run, type services.msc in the Open text box, and then click OK.
    • In the Services (Local) list, right-click Windows Installer, and then click Properties.
    • If the Startup type drop-down list is set to a value of Disable, select the Manual option from the Startup type drop-down list, and then click OK.
    • Click the File menu, and then click Exit.

Step 3: Unregister and re-register the Windows Installer

• Click Start menu, in the start search box, type MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK .
    • Click Start Orb, in the start search box, type MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK . After you run this command, the operation is complete.

For more information, please see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2438651

Step 4: Follow the steps below to install Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable again:

1. Download the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package from the link below;
      http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE
    2. Please go to Control Panel >> Program and features, and check if the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable exists in the program list. If so, please firstly uninstall it.
    3. Turn off your anti-virus/antispyware software;
    4. Clean your %temp% folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%).
    5. Run the setup with Administrator privilege: right-click the installer -> Run as administrator.

If there are any updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards, 

Andrew Wu [MSFT]

After performing these all steps you mentioned it again stucks while installing reditributable c++ 2005. it stucks when 1 second remaining

Friday, May 20, 2011 10:46 AM
  • hey plx help
    Saturday, May 21, 2011 7:13 AM
  • Hi Abdullah,

Would you please let me know what the error message you've received this time?

Andrew Wu [MSFT]

Monday, May 23, 2011 5:35 AM
  • Hi Abdullah,

Would you please let me know what the error message you've received this time?

Andrew Wu [MSFT]

i am facing the same errors as you note it from log file sir. i also can't reinstall my window 7 because there is very much important data in my computer and i also dont have recovery disc.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 8:19 AM