none
Problem after installing Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Redistributable X86

Question

• After installing .NET Framework 2.0 Redistributable X86 I have this message coming up every time I switch on my computer: "Could not load file or assembly 'MOM.Implementation,Version=2.0.2637.38862,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=906a9c70f846762e' 

or one of its dependencies. System cannot find the file specified"

Does anyone know what this means + how I can remedy it? 

Saturday, May 12, 2007 10:36 AM

Answers

• I have seen on several forums that people who were encountering this issue all installed a version of the ATI Catalyst drivers. If you have a ATI graphics card try upgrading the graphics drivers otherwise try reinstalling the .NET Framework.
    Saturday, May 12, 2007 1:02 PM

All replies

• I have seen on several forums that people who were encountering this issue all installed a version of the ATI Catalyst drivers. If you have a ATI graphics card try upgrading the graphics drivers otherwise try reinstalling the .NET Framework.
    Saturday, May 12, 2007 1:02 PM
  • Thanks for th ehelp, now identified as ATI CCC. Control centre. I left the install icon on my desktop, removed the whole of ATI from Control Panel > Add Remove Progs, then reinstalled without CCC from the icon.

No warnings, no problems once my display was readjusted. :-)) Happy again.
    • Proposed as answer by afonsoml Saturday, April 07, 2012 4:07 PM
    Friday, June 01, 2007 11:45 AM
  • First of all right now it's 2007 September. These ERRORS have been happening since 2003. The Same

errors WHILE or after installing ATI Catalyst Control Center. What might seem like a simple upgrade turns

into a sudden nightmare. As we are then once upon seeing ONE of the errors ''SEVERE'' Zero Display

Service Error. while installing it and THEN after IF you make it that far upon a Reboot. You get the second

string of Errors.

You need .Net Framework! Then LOL yes another error is coming.... which is the.

Could not load file or assembly 'CLI.Implementation, Version=2.0.2589.34531, Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token=90ba9c70f846762e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

error

IF YOU WANT THE SIMPLE SAFE WAY OUT FROM HERE...

If you are scared and do not want to touch anything dont worry. Here is how you get

rid of THAT error (cli.implementation) for good. Download winpatrol and Disable CLISTART.EXE

from the startup programs tab. That's all.

CLISTART.EXE is calling on the CLI.Implemention file to load and cannot find it but you do not

need it because your display is not dependant on CLISTART.EXE.

It does STOP that error from showing up Anymore. Disabling CLISTART.EXE is safe. So for you

begginers out there (all you woman) lol... feel so sorry for yall!

check this link to see what i told you is true.

http://www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_4.html

Read this from the experts to see i am correct.

If you do want to fix it properly OR get rid of that damn control panel update. Ive also read

if you Uninstall ATI Catalyst (Control center only) from add remove programs. And only install

the DRIVER (these options are avaliable to you when looking for the Display driver you

have.) at WWW.ATI.COM.

If you do not even KNOW WHAT driver you had to check do this

1) click start (lower left hand screen)

2) control panel

3) display

4) click the settings tab once the display is open

Under the words Display:

you will see what model you have. once you know what model you have... go to www.ati.com

and download the driver ONLY.

My driver for example is RADEAON X300

Id just like to say finally. I searched for a solution to this error for 2 hours and found only

scraps so i thought i would get on my hotmail account which i dont even use anymore from

freaking 2 years ago just to save somebody some trouble.

Friday, September 21, 2007 5:31 AM
  • For what it's worth, if you install both .net 1.1 and 2.0 then the Catalyst Control Centre will install and run without any problems.

A>
    Thursday, September 27, 2007 5:46 PM
  •  Robiz wrote:
    Thanks for th ehelp, now identified as ATI CCC. Control centre. I left the install icon on my desktop, removed the whole of ATI from Control Panel > Add Remove Progs, then reinstalled without CCC from the icon.

No warnings, no problems once my display was readjusted. :-)) Happy again.

I did the same and it fixed the problem.  I got rid of everything ATI with Add/Remove programs, restarted, used the installation icon still on my desktop but chose custom installation, and selected only the Display Driver.  The conflict must be between .NET 2.0 Framework and the Catalyst Control Center.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008 6:50 PM
  •  HANZOSTEEL wrote:
    If you are scared and do not want to touch anything dont worry. Here is how you get

rid of THAT error (cli.implementation) for good. Download winpatrol and Disable CLISTART.EXE

from the startup programs tab. That's all.

If you don't want to download "Winpatrol" then theres another way to do it.

Press Start at the bottom left corner, then press Run..., Where it say Open: enter this: msconfig then press enter.

Now there should popup an window, now press the tab where it says Startup there look for CLIStart (if you can't find it you can quit). Now disable CLIStart and press Apply then OK and you are done.

Hope this helped.
    Friday, January 04, 2008 3:16 PM
  • Hi, just to help,

you may install also "Autorun.exe" from sysinternals   -> Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

for have an overview of whatever start on every system start.

Saturday, February 09, 2008 5:55 PM
  • After installing .NET Framework 2.0 Redistributable X86 I have this message coming up every time I switch on my computer: "Could not load file or assembly 'MOM.Implementation,Version=2.0.2637.38862,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=906a9c70f846762e' 

or one of its dependencies. System cannot find the file specified"

Does anyone know what this means + how I can remedy it? 

Saturday, April 07, 2012 4:06 PM