none
download vs2012 update 1

Question

• i habe tried to download the complete update with /layout. after 10-15 minutes i get the error ..\packages\vc_librarycore\cab8.cab can't be found. it i look here there isn't such a file. i have repeated this 4 times un 2 different machines, friday an today monday. i get the same error. what can i do?

i have also tried to install direct, i get the same error.

the trick with webinstaller und /layout is quite nice, it's a way to get all files so you can install the software on a machine without internet oder to automate the install für 2-300 machines. i just downloaded the 1.2 gB iso-file for tfs 2012 update 1 sucessfully. i would appreciate it if microsoft would make it possible to do this for visual studio too. in the end i need such a file, /layout makes it possible to get this file, but it is more work. and it doesn't work.  

Monday, December 03, 2012 9:38 AM

All replies

• I have the same problem.  

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vssetup/thread/f5e64724-aed0-4c2d-8f4b-8fc2ac31c07b

Where did you get the complete ISO file?

Monday, December 03, 2012 9:37 PM
  • It appears the ISO is available only to MSDN subscribers at this time.

I have submitted this feedback to the Visual Studio team through Microsoft Connect:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/773362/vs-2012-update-1-iso-availability

If you agree, please vote for it.

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 12:41 AM
  • I voted for it.  I also added a feedback for the Cab8.cab problem:

They won't let me post a link yet, but here is a partial URL:

connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/773365/unable-to-install-visual-studio-12-update-1

If you see this issue please vote for the feedback

Rob

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 2:19 AM
  • I also encounter this issue in 3 PCs, It's really disappointed. :(

Rejoice, I Desire!

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 9:38 AM
  • Hi all,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, December 06, 2012 6:06 AM
  • i have tried to download this update on  a couple of machines, it's the same problem. somewhere a read the advice to make the download on a private computer. i tried to do do the download on a company-computer without vs2012, this is not possible, the update 1 with /layout needs vs 2012. i am not going to install vs2012 on my private computer. this is not an option.  i can't quite understand why you need this to use the layout-option.

rob asked where i got the iso-file. i still haven't got a iso-file for vs 2012 update 1. i was referring to TFS 2012 update 1, as a msnd subscriber you can download this. i haven't seen a iso-file for vs2012 update there yet. is there any?

i would love to install update 1,  in my opinion the easiest way to achieve this, would be to put the vs2012-update 1-iso-file into msdn. everyone able to use the web-installer with the layout-option without having the cab8-problem actually get's this iso-file.  therefore this iso-file could also appear in msdn.

Thursday, December 06, 2012 9:08 AM