none
can´t find WindowsCodecs.dll with Beta 2

Question

• After installing new beta , my WPF project compile well, but when executing it raises an error :

Can´t find WindowsCodecs.dll.

I have search this library and is not present in my system.  Am I missing something?

Thanks

Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:12 PM

Answers

• Here is the workaround fix this problem:

1. Uninstall WinFx Beta 2.
    2. Uninstall the WIC redistributable package by running: %windir%\$NtUninstallWIC$\spuninst\spuninst.exe
    3. Reinstall WinFx Beta 2.
    4. (optional) Verify that WindowsCodecs.dll and WindowsCodecsExt.dll are in %windir%\system32.

Thanks very much to Fritzenhammer for testing this workaround for us.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 4:44 PM

All replies

• LearningWPF -- we're looking into this and believe we understand the cause and fix. Before entering it permanently into the public record, i'd like to have a private conversation with you to see if  matches what you're seeing.  Can you please mail me at mark.grinols at microsoft dot com?  Thanks.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 3:03 PM
  • I've had the same issue - If there's anything I can help with, let me know.

F.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 3:48 PM
  • Here is the workaround fix this problem:

1. Uninstall WinFx Beta 2.
    2. Uninstall the WIC redistributable package by running: %windir%\$NtUninstallWIC$\spuninst\spuninst.exe
    3. Reinstall WinFx Beta 2.
    4. (optional) Verify that WindowsCodecs.dll and WindowsCodecsExt.dll are in %windir%\system32.

Thanks very much to Fritzenhammer for testing this workaround for us.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 4:44 PM
  • Also works for me

Thanks

Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:20 PM
  • Glad I found this. I was having this same problem since I installed the new bits yesterday and this fixes the issue for me. Thanks!
    Friday, May 26, 2006 5:39 PM