none
Exception Message: TF270016: An error occurred publishing log files from

Question

• Dear Team,

After I queue a new build, I get following error. The build server is unable to copy to the Drop folder. I am using TFS 2012, on windows server 2008 R2. The build service uses local service. I have granted fill control to this local service for the drop folder. Not able to figure out whats missing, quite frustrating. Can someone please help?

Exception Message: TF270016: An error occurred publishing log files from 'C:\Builds\1\Tfs_TeamProjectTrail\Tfs_Trial1_CI\Sources\Main\Tfs_Trial1\Tfs_Trial1.log' to '\\localhost\c$\FinalBuilds\Tfs_Trial1_CI\Tfs_Trial1_CI_20130309.10\logs'. Details: Access to the path '\\localhost\c$\FinalBuilds\Tfs_Trial1_CI\Tfs_Trial1_CI_20130309.10\logs' is denied. (type PublishLogFileException)
    Exception Stack Trace:    at System.Activities.Statements.Throw.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
       at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
       at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Inner Exception Details:

Exception Message: Access to the path '\\localhost\c$\FinalBuilds\Tfs_Trial1_CI\Tfs_Trial1_CI_20130309.10\logs' is denied. (type UnauthorizedAccessException)
    Exception Stack Trace:    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Common.FileSpec.CopyFile(String oldPath, String newPath, Boolean overwriteExisting)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Workflow.Activities.WindowsDropProvider.CopyDirectory(String sourceDirectory, String targetDirectory)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Workflow.Activities.WindowsDropProvider.CopyDirectory(String sourceDirectory, String targetDirectory, String[] renameIfExists)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Workflow.Activities.PublishLogFile.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)

Saturday, March 09, 2013 12:25 PM

Answers

• Hello,

The DROP folder location should be a file share (i.e. a folder that is shared and reachable to the TFS Build service). So, for example, you can share the 'FinalBuilds' folder so that the DROP folder location is set as '\\<ActualMachineName>\FinalBuilds'.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
    Rahul

Saturday, March 09, 2013 5:01 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The DROP folder location should be a file share (i.e. a folder that is shared and reachable to the TFS Build service). So, for example, you can share the 'FinalBuilds' folder so that the DROP folder location is set as '\\<ActualMachineName>\FinalBuilds'.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
    Rahul

Saturday, March 09, 2013 5:01 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks, Its resolved. Your suggestion helped me.

Regards

Dumb

Sunday, April 07, 2013 9:56 AM