none
Exception Message: TF270016: An error occurred publishing log files from

Question

• Dear Team,

After I queue a new build, I get following error. The build server is unable to copy to the Drop folder. I am using TFS 2012, on windows server 2008 R2. The build service uses local service. I have granted fill control to this local service for the drop folder. Not able to figure out whats missing, quite frustrating. Can someone please help?

Exception Message: TF270016: An error occurred publishing log files from 'C:\Builds\1\Tfs_TeamProjectTrail\Tfs_Trial1_CI\Sources\Main\Tfs_Trial1\Tfs_Trial1.log' to '\\localhost\c$\FinalBuilds\Tfs_Trial1_CI\Tfs_Trial1_CI_20130309.10\logs'. Details: Access to the path '\\localhost\c$\FinalBuilds\Tfs_Trial1_CI\Tfs_Trial1_CI_20130309.10\logs' is denied. (type PublishLogFileException)
    Exception Stack Trace:    at System.Activities.Statements.Throw.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
       at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
       at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Inner Exception Details:

Exception Message: Access to the path '\\localhost\c$\FinalBuilds\Tfs_Trial1_CI\Tfs_Trial1_CI_20130309.10\logs' is denied. (type UnauthorizedAccessException)
    Exception Stack Trace:    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Common.FileSpec.CopyFile(String oldPath, String newPath, Boolean overwriteExisting)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Workflow.Activities.WindowsDropProvider.CopyDirectory(String sourceDirectory, String targetDirectory)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Workflow.Activities.WindowsDropProvider.CopyDirectory(String sourceDirectory, String targetDirectory, String[] renameIfExists)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Workflow.Activities.PublishLogFile.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)

Saturday, March 09, 2013 12:25 PM

Answers

• Hello,

The DROP folder location should be a file share (i.e. a folder that is shared and reachable to the TFS Build service). So, for example, you can share the 'FinalBuilds' folder so that the DROP folder location is set as '\\<ActualMachineName>\FinalBuilds'.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
    Rahul

Saturday, March 09, 2013 5:01 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The DROP folder location should be a file share (i.e. a folder that is shared and reachable to the TFS Build service). So, for example, you can share the 'FinalBuilds' folder so that the DROP folder location is set as '\\<ActualMachineName>\FinalBuilds'.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
    Rahul

Saturday, March 09, 2013 5:01 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks, Its resolved. Your suggestion helped me.

Regards

Dumb

Sunday, April 07, 2013 9:56 AM
  • Default account with which tfs build service is run is "nt authority\network service". After compiling solution\project, it is this user which tries to copy bits to the build share. So add permissions to this account on your build share.
    Tuesday, September 02, 2014 10:45 AM