none
ADFS Corp Federation Error.

Question

• Hi,

My Application is doing Windows Authentication by using WIF and ADFS. My application points to https://corp.sts.microsoft.com for federation data and the ADFS team has also setup the realm and endpoint to be directed to my application.

After successful deployment of my application in Cloud including ADFS Authentication mode, my application breaks out with the following Error. Any help in this regard will be greatly Appreciated.

MS Corp. Federation Error
    logo
    There was a problem accessing the site. Try to browse to the site again.
    If the problem persists,send mailto:iamadfs@winse.microsoft.com and provide the reference number to identify the problem.Also include the Federation error page source file as an attachment:(On IE toolbar>>click'Page'>>Open'view source'>>save as notepad file)
    Reference number: 413248ce-3353-424b-b470-289b0e47962c
    footer

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 9:34 AM

All replies

• Since you don't have access to the detailed error messages, it will be difficult to troubleshoot on your side. Have you done as instructed: send them the reference number and see if they will respond to you with the ADFS error messages?
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 3:39 PM
  • I've gotten this error also at times, and it usually means that the ADFS service needs to be restarted.  In fact I've found whenever my server is rebooted it seems I have to manually start the ADFS service.  Not sure why this is as it is set to Automatic, but it does generally seem to be necessary.  Hope this helps someone.
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 2:35 PM
  • Hi, Have the same issue which redirects to sts and comes back with reference number.

Want check if we have to install Activation service on the server where website is hosted?

If resolved, please let us know the solution for the same.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:28 PM
  • Hi ShiShir,

I'm also facing the same problem in our site. when we try to logon it give the error messages with reference number. I checked with our sharepoint portal and sharepoint logs and adfs logs .But i couldn't get any logs in ADFS too. when i surfed for this i got we need to check for the logon url ends with ../adfs/ls/ .should try to check with this. ls/ must have / at the end.

also we need to check with adfs.

Please let me know if it works for you.

Thanks

Rithi

Friday, March 09, 2012 3:26 AM
  • Hi Shishir/Rithi,

I am also facing the same Issue and due to this issue we are not able to proceed anywhere.

Federation is not working for Sharepoint site at all.

Please share your views if you have any solution

Regards

Diwa

Friday, September 07, 2012 10:49 AM