none
PowerPoint 2010 suppress 'press esc to cancel save' dialog

Question

• I have a PowerPoint Add-in. VS2010, targets VSTO4 Runtime and .NET 3.5, works in both Office 2007 and Office 2010.

At one point, the add-in does a SaveAs and saves the slides as EMF files to a specific directory. After the user runs this once or twice, PowerPoint starts displaying a small dialog that says "Press the ESC key to cancel saving the document".

Is there a way to suppress this? It's confusing my customers. Here's my code, although I'm not sure it's relevant.

Dim presentation As PowerPoint.Presentation = application.ActivePresentation
    Dim outputFolder As String = GMPPTAddIn.ConfigData.CVTTempPath
    presentation.SaveCopyAs(outputFolder &
    ".emf", _
        PowerPoint.
    PpSaveAsFileType.ppSaveAsEMF,
        Microsoft.Office.Core.
    MsoTriState.msoTrue)

Thanks,
    RobinDotNet

Click here to visit my ClickOnce blog!
    Microsoft MVP, Client App Dev
    Thursday, August 05, 2010 3:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Robin

have you tried asking the PowerPoint forum whether this could be a problem in PowerPoint (and not VSTO, specifically)? It sounds as if there might be a conflict with AutoSave. If so, the PowerPoint MVPs might know about it, and whether there's anything you can do (short of deactivating AutoSave).

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/group/Office

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Thursday, August 05, 2010 4:45 PM
  • Hello RobinDotNet,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Best regards,
    Bessie Zhao - MSFT
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback of our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 9:44 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks Cindy, I'll try that, it's a good idea.

By the way, for anyone else running across this question, I *did* try turning off DisplayAlerts, and it had no impact.

RobinDotNet

Click here to visit my ClickOnce blog!
    Microsoft MVP, Client App Dev
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 1:16 AM