<ScrollViewer ScrollViewer.HorizontalScrollBarVisibility="Auto" 
    			Grid.Column="0" Grid.Row="0"
    			ScrollViewer.VerticalScrollBarVisibility="Auto" >
    		<toolkit:DataGrid 
    			Grid.Column="0" Grid.Row="0">
    		</toolkit:DataGrid>
    	</ScrollViewer>

</Grid>

when the DataGrid load the data, the rows and columns exceed the grid dimensions, the vertical scroll work perfect

but the horizontal scroll never appear, because the grid extend the column and not limit the width to the container

I need the scroll vertical and horizontal, but only the vertical is effective, the horizontal expands because the grid never limits the width of datagrid

Note: the Grid is inside stackpanel

greetings

Leandro Tuttini

Blog
    Buenos Aires
    Argentina

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Leandro,

In order to resolve this problem, the Grid must know the width you desired it to be.

You can either give it a fix width, bind its width to some parent to calculate it dynamically, or maybe change the layout design of its parent (replace the stackpanel?).

Feel free to share the layout, including the stackpanel, if you still have any problems.

Best regards,

Min Zhu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 2:52 AM

All replies

• It's kind of weird why datagrid has the same value for grid.column and grid.row as your scrollviewer in your xaml code.  To me you are implementing 2 controls at the same column and row (overlapping?) ... :s
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:54 PM
  • Hi,

Normally the data grid itself has a ScrollViewer as the top panel such as WPF DataGrid.

Why would you want another one on top of it?

Meanwhile, could you show the StackPanel definition?

Regards

Thursday, February 14, 2013 12:01 AM
  • Hi Leandro,

In order to resolve this problem, the Grid must know the width you desired it to be.

You can either give it a fix width, bind its width to some parent to calculate it dynamically, or maybe change the layout design of its parent (replace the stackpanel?).

Feel free to share the layout, including the stackpanel, if you still have any problems.

Best regards,

Min Zhu
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 2:52 AM
  • hi

When the columns not exede the width the vertical scroll work perfect

but the columns are dynamic, and when it exede the application width, the Grid not limite, the height is limited but the width not

in the button of the image (mark with red) you can see the horizontal scroll, but the DataGrid is not limited

I try to use

MaxHeight="{Binding ActualHeight, ElementName=ParentElementName}"

in the ScrollView, but I don´t know what control can apply the correct the height correctly

greetings

Leandro Tuttini

Blog
    Buenos Aires
    Argentina

Thursday, February 14, 2013 1:44 PM
  • Hi Leandro Tuttini,

If you don't want to provide the grid with unlimited space, my suggestion is to replace the stackpanel with a Grid or Dockpanel.

If you have any trouble applying it, please post your code so we can provide more detail suggestiosn.

Best regards,

Min Zhu

Friday, February 15, 2013 1:06 AM
  • Hi

But I have a Grid (inside is the scrollview and datagrid), and it limit perfect the vertical datagrid to show me the vertical scroll

but not apply the same concept in the horizontal direction, the datagrid expend without limit

if the grid in the same way would limit the horizontal direction would not have this problem

saludos

Leandro Tuttini

Blog
    Buenos Aires
    Argentina

Friday, February 15, 2013 12:15 PM
  • why not get rid of the scroll viewer and just use the scrolling built into the datagrid?

andy

Friday, February 15, 2013 12:29 PM
  • Hi Andrew

I try define the scroll properties inside datagrid, but the effect is the same

only the vertical scroll is enable, in the horizontal expand the column without limit

greetings

Leandro Tuttini

Blog
    Buenos Aires
    Argentina

Friday, February 15, 2013 1:39 PM
  • is the grid in a horizontal stack panel? if so it will not scroll as the grid thinks that it fits its parent container fine, while the stack panel extends beyond the bounds of its parent.  Put it in a dockpanel or just grid instead and that will stop that behaviour if i've picked up what the issue is right.

andy

• Proposed as answer by Jürgen Röhr Friday, February 15, 2013 3:10 PM
    Friday, February 15, 2013 2:32 PM
  • The StackPanel will tell the Grid that there are unlimited space available in horizontal direction. So it would not work.

My suggestion remains the same: replace the stackpanel in the visualtree. You can use a DockPanel, or some combination of panels to accomplish it. You can post more detials about your layout panels if you encounter any problems.

Best regards,

Min Zhu

Monday, February 18, 2013 1:10 AM