none
Install SharePoint extenstions Error TF255439 on SharePoint 2013

Question

• We are installing TFS and want SharePoint integrations with an existing SharePoint 2013 server.  The SharePoint installation is a single server.  I'm trying to run the TFS 2013 configuration for the SharePoint extensions on the SharePoint server, but get several Errors, the root appears to be TF255439 - saying that I need to be a part of the Farm Administrators group... But I am a part of the Farm Administrators group.

If I view the log file, I find this error is first -- here is what I see in the log

[Info   @18:11:29.670]
    [Info   @18:11:29.670] +-+-+-+-+-| Running SharePointApplications.FarmAdmin: Verifying the caller is a SharePoint Farm Administrator |+-+-+-+-+-
    [Info   @18:11:29.670]
    [Info   @18:11:29.670] +-+-+-+-+-| Verifying the caller is a SharePoint Farm Administrator |+-+-+-+-+-
    [Info   @18:11:29.670] Starting Node: VSPFARMADMIN
    [Info   @18:11:29.670] NodePath : VINPUTS/Conditional/Progress/VSPFARMADMIN
    [Info   @18:11:30.013] Benign exception caught as part of verify:
    Exception Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (type FaultException`1)
    Exception Data Dictionary:
    RemoteExceptionDetails =
    Exception Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (type NullReferenceException)
    Exception Stack Trace:    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.SharePoint.WssUtil.CheckIsFarmAdministrator()
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.SharePoint.SharePointWcfService.CheckIsFarmAdministrator()

Exception Stack Trace:
    Server stack trace:
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.SharePoint.ISharePointServiceContract.CheckIsFarmAdministrator()
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.WcfHelpers.SharePointServiceContractClient.CheckIsFarmAdministrator()
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Admin.VerifySharePointFarmAdministrator.Run(ActivityContext context)

[Info   @18:11:30.013] Node returned: Warning
    [Warning@18:11:30.013] TF255439: You do not have the permissions required to integrate with the following SharePoint Web application: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=254457).
    [Info   @18:11:30.013] Completed SharePointApplications.FarmAdmin: Warning

Again, my ID IS in the SharePoint Farm Administrator's group, so I'm not sure what else is happening here. Has anybody seen this?

thanks

Jeff P

Jeff Priz

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 6:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your post.

According your screenshot, the TF250004 is the first error, Which version of SharePoint 2013 you installed? Please ensure your SharePoint 2013 meet the SharePoint Product requirements for TFS 2013: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh667648.aspx.

Please follow the steps in this document to manually install the SharePoint 2013, and follow the steps in this document to verify your SharePoint 2013 for TFS 2013.

And please ensure your account is the Administrator on your SharePoint 2013 machine too.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, February 20, 2014 3:21 AM
  • The Version of SharePoint is 2013 Enterprise (SKU Guid B7d84c2b-0754-49e4-b7be-7ee321dce0a9) and it was installed and has been running prior to my arrival here. 

I did read and follow the documents you've listed (though as I've said I did not install it, it was here previously).

The error TF250004 shows first on the screenshot, but the TF255439 is the first issue that actually occurs when viewing the log (which I posted the snippet of above).  The errors listed on the screen shot are not in the order in which they occur.

My user account is indeed a Server admin, and a SharePoint farm admin. We've tried another user's account just to rule out any "weirdness" with my ID but had the same results.

thanks

Jeff Priz

Thursday, February 20, 2014 3:14 PM
  • Hi Jeff,  

Thanks for your reply.

Why I provided the manually install SharePoint 2013 for TFS 2013 document in my initial reply? As your SharePoint 2013 was there previously, so I want you follow the steps in that document to check if your SharePoint 2013 installed and configured correctly for TFS 2013.

And I know you said the TF255439 is the first issue that occurs in log, but there’s the TF250004 error in check result, so we should confirm whether your existing SharePoint 2013 product is support for TFS 2013 Server first, if your current SharePoint 2013 product version is not a support version for TFS 2013, we can skip other errors in the check result or log.

Which account installed your current SharePoint 2013 product? Try install SharePoint Extension using this account.

And you can share the detailed log here, you can post log in several replies if it’s large.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, February 21, 2014 2:14 AM
  • SharePoint 2013 Enterprise is a supported Version, and the SharePoint install items in the document above are pretty standard, and the SharePoint here is standard... I've run through the steps for Excel services and the Secure Store service, as those were not in place prior to my trying this.. So I believe that things match up pretty well.

I will verify which account the SharePoint server was installed under, but I suspect it is the same account as we tried once already.  I'll post a full set of the log info here next

Jeff

Friday, February 21, 2014 7:32 PM
  • Wanted to update this thread.

I WAS able to get ahold of the ID that installed SharePoint, and use that.  Using that ID I was able to get the installation completed successfully!!  No issues, no errors, piece of cake!  So that's great! done!

However, I'd still very much like to get to the bottom of what rights are actually needed to accomplish this task. The documentation I've seen states that I should be a SharePoint Farm admin, and a Server admin.  My Account had both of those rights, but failed miserably.  I'd like to know what rights I need to request to do this for the next I have to do this, because, I don't think I can always count on getting ahold of the account that was used to install SharePoint.

thanks

Jeff

Monday, February 24, 2014 9:11 PM
  • Hi Jeff, 

Thanks for your reply.

And I’m glad to hear that you got it to work.

Yes, to configure TFS Extension for SharePoint Products, then user must be a member of the Farm administrators group on the SharePoint administration site and be a member of the Windows Administrators security group on the machine where you installed SharePoint product and running SharePoint Extension Configuration wizard.

In your previous scenario, I think there’s issue with your account in your SharePoint Farm Administrator group. You can compare the permissions between your account and that installed SharePoint account in your SharePoint Server, check what’s the different and same between them.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 2:12 AM