none
repair .netframeworks

Question

• I have ms xp and my lexmark productivity studio would not load, I got lexmark to connect with my computer and they found that I have 4 .net frame works that have to be repaired. they told me to right click on each one and do a repair on them in control pannel. framework 3.5 installed but when i try to repair the others it says i have to get there resorce page and repair them from it. but i dont know how to get that. i need help please.

Thursday, September 03, 2009 5:21 AM

Answers

• Hi Tgifbos,

Some clarification with you:
    What's the exact error message?
    What are the four .NET Frameworks on your machine?

Please try Anlis's suggestion to repair .NET Frameworks on your machine.

If it doesn't work, I would suggest you to try Cleanup Tool to remove .NET Frameworks to start from scratch. Then reinstall them.
    If you have any issue during re-installation, please feel free to let me know. I'm willing to help you with that.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, September 09, 2009 5:51 PM
    Friday, September 04, 2009 8:33 AM
  • hi

Steps to repair the .NET Framework installation

1. Obtain the original installation source. For example, if you installed the .NET Framework from a CD-ROM or from a DVD, insert that disc. If you downloaded the .NET Framework , download the .NET Framework again. Make sure that you click save to disk. If you installed the .NET Framework from a network share, reconnect to that share.
    2. Click Start, click Run, type the following command, and then click OK:
      N:\dotnetframework\dotnetfx.exe /t:c:\temp /c:"msiexec.exe /i c:\temp\netfx.msi REINSTALL=ALL ReinstallMODE=vomus"
      Note Replace N:\ in this command syntax with the original installation path.

Important If you do not have a C:\temp folder on your computer, create one before you run this command.
    The Microsoft Windows Installer will verify and repair the .NET Framework installation.
    APPLIES TO
    • Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
    • Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
    • Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0

Regards anliS www.businessinsightsconsulting.com Please remember to mark the correct replies as answers
    Thursday, September 03, 2009 6:05 AM

All replies

• hi

Steps to repair the .NET Framework installation

1. Obtain the original installation source. For example, if you installed the .NET Framework from a CD-ROM or from a DVD, insert that disc. If you downloaded the .NET Framework , download the .NET Framework again. Make sure that you click save to disk. If you installed the .NET Framework from a network share, reconnect to that share.
    2. Click Start, click Run, type the following command, and then click OK:
      N:\dotnetframework\dotnetfx.exe /t:c:\temp /c:"msiexec.exe /i c:\temp\netfx.msi REINSTALL=ALL ReinstallMODE=vomus"
      Note Replace N:\ in this command syntax with the original installation path.

Important If you do not have a C:\temp folder on your computer, create one before you run this command.
    The Microsoft Windows Installer will verify and repair the .NET Framework installation.
    APPLIES TO
    • Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
    • Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
    • Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0

Regards anliS www.businessinsightsconsulting.com Please remember to mark the correct replies as answers
    Thursday, September 03, 2009 6:05 AM
  • Hi Tgifbos,

Some clarification with you:
    What's the exact error message?
    What are the four .NET Frameworks on your machine?

Please try Anlis's suggestion to repair .NET Frameworks on your machine.

If it doesn't work, I would suggest you to try Cleanup Tool to remove .NET Frameworks to start from scratch. Then reinstall them.
    If you have any issue during re-installation, please feel free to let me know. I'm willing to help you with that.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, September 04, 2009 8:33 AM