none
C#.net How do you give a Windows service specific permissions?

Question

• Hi,

I want to be able to create a new user account with only the necessary privileges  etc (getting a web webrequest from a web page, then writeing the result to a file). And configure the service to run under the new user account. I cant seem to work out how to do this. Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance

kered

Friday, January 05, 2007 11:29 PM

Answers

• Hi

if you want to configure a service to use a specific user account you have to

- install the service

- open up service manager (control panel - administrative tools - services)

- right click on the service, choose properties

- in the tab Logon, choose this account and supply the necessary info

Hope this helps, please close the thread if it does

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 6:45 AM

All replies

• Excuse my poor understanding, Can you put an example to show what you want? Thanks
    Wednesday, January 10, 2007 6:11 AM
  • Hi

if you want to configure a service to use a specific user account you have to

- install the service

- open up service manager (control panel - administrative tools - services)

- right click on the service, choose properties

- in the tab Logon, choose this account and supply the necessary info

Hope this helps, please close the thread if it does

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 6:45 AM
  • If you wanted to know how to set user rights on a service then frederikm has answered it.

OR

kered pople wrote:

I want to be able to create a new user account with only the necessary privileges  etc (getting a web webrequest from a web page, then writeing the result to a file).

Do you mean that how to set such perticular access rights in user account? I think such very typical permission set can be applied through policies but not sure that such typical rights are allowed to set or not...

HTH,

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 9:16 AM
  • frederikm

Thanks for your reply that has solved what i was trying to do. And thanks for all other replys.

kered

Saturday, January 13, 2007 9:17 AM