none
Features that are transparent in Win XP are not transparent in Win 7

Question

• I'm having an issue with a small, stand alone application that I've developed in Visual Studio Express 2008, using C#.  The application uses a lot of buttons which are transparent.  (There's a an underlying JPG that gives the buttons context - there's not even a text string in most of them.)  This application looks great when run in Windows XP, but when I run it in Windows 7, the transparent buttons show up as this pearly blue color.  I opened the project in VS on a machine that runs Win 7, and the buttons are the same blue color; not transparent, so the issue seems to be a Windows 7 issue.  I've been looking on the web, at Win 7 display settings, etc and can't seem to solve this.  I downloaded VS Express 2010, and it's the same; looks great on Win XP, not on Win 7.

I turned off transparency in Win 7, but it didn't have any impact on appearance. Running it in compatibility mode didn't help either.   Has anyone noticed this?  I can't help but think there's a very simple solution, but can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:01 PM