none
How to Disable show quick access toolbar below the ribbon

Question

• I have a Ribbon Control, if a right click on the control with Mouse am getting following options

1). show quick access toolbar above\below the ribbon

2). Minimize the Ribbon.

From the options i want to remove first option(i.e. show quick access toolbar above\below the ribbon) but 2nd option should be there. Can any one help me....

• Edited by Avatar 123 Tuesday, June 05, 2012 10:35 AM
    Tuesday, June 05, 2012 6:08 AM

Answers

• Hi Avatar 123,

Due to the contextmenu with quick access toolbar button is default in Ribbon, that we can reach it to modify it. But a work around is that to add new contextmenu without quick access toolbar button in it to Ribbon and the control in Ribbon to achieve your goal.

However this is not a elegant method, but I can't find more. If you find any workaround, it is appreaciate if you can share with us.

Have a nice day.

Annabella Luo[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 10:08 AM

All replies

• I have a Ribbon Control, if a right click on the control with Mouse am getting following options

1). show quick access toolbar above\below the ribbon

2). Minimize the Ribbon.

From the options i want to remove first option(i.e. show quick access toolbar above\below the ribbon) but 2nd option should be there. Can any one help me....

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 11:32 AM
  • Hi Avatar 123,

The Quick Access Toolbar is reserved for user customization, so programmatic actions like those you stated are not permitted.  This is for a variety of reasons; one is that the Undo/Redo buttons are found *only* on the Quick Access Toolbar.

Regards,

Anonymous9748

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 7:58 PM
  • i have Ribbon Control Source code. Can we fix this issue with the source code?

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 4:40 AM
  • Hi Avatar 123,

Due to the contextmenu with quick access toolbar button is default in Ribbon, that we can reach it to modify it. But a work around is that to add new contextmenu without quick access toolbar button in it to Ribbon and the control in Ribbon to achieve your goal.

However this is not a elegant method, but I can't find more. If you find any workaround, it is appreaciate if you can share with us.

Have a nice day.

Annabella Luo[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 10:08 AM
  • I assume the source code you're referring to is for a ribbon add-in.  This would typically include an XML file that defines the attributes and positioning of your ribbon control.

While you cannot programmatically add/remove controls from the built-in QAT, there is one drastic step that is possible:  you can set startFromScratch to True in the ribbon XML.  This hides all built-in tabs, the Quick Access Toolbar, and all commands on the File tab except for Save, Open, and New.  But  you would then need to add back in everything, including the QAT, which still has its programmatic limitations.

Basically, you're trying to change a feature that Microsoft doesn't want you to change.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 1:51 PM