none
TFS Log Files

Question

• Hi,

I would like to ask a couple of questions about TFS log files. 

1.  Can we change the location of the log files manually?  Currently the location of the log files for TFS is c:\windows\system32\logfiles, and I would like to change this to another partition that has more disk space.

2.  Is there any configuration in TFS or SharePoint to delete the log files automatically instead of manually deleting?  I would llike to delete the log files that is older than certain days.  So far, I had to delete these log files manually.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best regards,

Chang

Thursday, July 31, 2008 4:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Chang

That folder is the default folder for IIS to keep logs. you can reference 'Set the Log File Folder' section as described here to configure the log path. About the second question, you can ask in IIS forum.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 3:45 AM

All replies

• Moving this thread to the TFS forums.

Friday, August 01, 2008 11:45 PM
  • Hi Chang

That folder is the default folder for IIS to keep logs. you can reference 'Set the Log File Folder' section as described here to configure the log path. About the second question, you can ask in IIS forum.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 3:45 AM
  • Hi Bill,

Thanks for your response.  I was able to move the location for most log files now except one. 'HTTPERR'.  It seems to be related to IIS, but I couldn't find the location that I can change the location of the log files.  Can you please let me know where I can go to change this location also so that I keep all log files related to IIS and TFS in one location different from the default?

Best regards,

Chang 

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 8:49 PM
  • Change, to move 'HTTPERR', you can read Error logging in HTTP API. It's said that a registery value 'ErrorLoggingDir' in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\HTTP\Parameters is used to control the path of this kind of logs.

Thursday, August 07, 2008 2:23 AM