none
Need help with checking/unchecking datagridviewcheckboxcolumn in C#

Question

• Hi, I'm really having difficulty with this. Can someone pls help me why this does not work?

private void dataGridViewempl_CellClick(object sender, DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)
        {

if (dataGridViewempl.CurrentCell.ColumnIndex == 6)
          {
            if (dataGridViewempl.CurrentCell.Value != null)
            {
              bool checkstate = (bool)dataGridViewempl.CurrentCell.Value;

if (checkstate == false)
                dataGridViewempl.CurrentCell.Value = true;
              else
                dataGridViewempl.CurrentCell.Value = false;

}
            else

}

OR this?

private void dataGridViewempl_CellClick(object sender, DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)
        {

CheckBox deletebox = new CheckBox();
          deletebox = (CheckBox)dataGridViewempl.CurrentCell.Value;

{
            if (deletebox != null)
            {

if (deletebox.Checked == false)
                deletebox.Checked = true;
              else
                deletebox.Checked = false;

}

}
    Appreciate any help!

Monday, May 30, 2011 2:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks all for your time. Actually I have solved this with help from the other forum I have visited.

@Vin Jin, I was trying to make the checkbox inside my datagridview check/uncheck by clicking the cell. I previously thought it had something to do with the EditMode property. Just found out that the code I'm using  (where I cast the checkbox cell into a boolean type and get its value "true" (checked) or "false" unchecked)) does not work because it lacks this line of code:

dataGridViewempl.CellClick += new System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCellEventHandler(dataGridViewempl_CellClick);
    Thanks much!

• Marked as answer by Aspen VJ Tuesday, June 07, 2011 2:13 AM
    Thursday, June 02, 2011 6:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Use this,

{

if (dataGridViewempl.CurrentCell.Value != null)

{

bool checkstate = (bool)dataGridViewempl.CurrentCell.GetEditedFormattedValue(e.RowIndex,DataGridViewDataErrorContexts.Commit);

if (checkstate == false)

else

dataGridViewempl.CurrentCell.Value = false;

}

else

Hope this helps you..

Regards, Kris.
    Monday, May 30, 2011 4:53 AM
  • Hi Kris444,

Thanks! But it still doesn't work. I'm really confused. Does it have something to do with some properties of my datagrid? I set the EditMode to EditOnEnter, and either of my code above works. But if it's EditProgrammatically, none of it (and yours) work at all.

Monday, May 30, 2011 10:31 AM
  • Hi Chair88,

Based on your code, I am not fully understand what readlly do you want to achieve.

But for EditMode, the EditOnEnter mode means that editing begins when the cell receives focus, this mode is useful when pressing the TAB key to enter values across a row, or when pressing the ENTER key to enter values down a column.

And the EditProgrammatically means Editing begins only when the BeginEdit method is called.

As you don't fire the BeginEdit method, so it will not work for you.

You can also refer to this official document to fully understand the DataGridViewEditMode Enumeration:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.datagridvieweditmode.aspx

Vin Jin [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 8:37 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks all for your time. Actually I have solved this with help from the other forum I have visited.

@Vin Jin, I was trying to make the checkbox inside my datagridview check/uncheck by clicking the cell. I previously thought it had something to do with the EditMode property. Just found out that the code I'm using  (where I cast the checkbox cell into a boolean type and get its value "true" (checked) or "false" unchecked)) does not work because it lacks this line of code:

dataGridViewempl.CellClick += new System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCellEventHandler(dataGridViewempl_CellClick);
    Thanks much!

• Marked as answer by Aspen VJ Tuesday, June 07, 2011 2:13 AM
    Thursday, June 02, 2011 6:02 AM
  • Hi Chair88,

Congratulation! I am glad that you have solved your problem. Thanks for sharing your solution, and please mark it as answer. Thanks.

Vin Jin [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, June 02, 2011 6:58 AM