none
error when trying to build a solution...

Question

• I am building a solution in c#, in vs2005. I removed all the files concerningn with KPIFeat.cs but somewhere there must be a reference to this KpiFeat.resx, i would like to remove it but i dont know how to do it.

Error    1    Unable to create a manifest resource name for "Forms\KpiFeat.resx". Could not find file 'D:\Documents and Settings\Alfonso\My Documents\Aplication\Code\AppGSM\AppGSM\Forms\KpiFeat.cs'.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 2:45 AM

All replies

• Moving to C# general forum.
    Tuesday, December 12, 2006 7:17 PM
  •  Fositron wrote:
    I am building a solution in c#, in vs2005. I removed all the files concerningn with KPIFeat.cs but somewhere there must be a reference to this KpiFeat.resx, i would like to remove it but i dont know how to do it.

Error    1    Unable to create a manifest resource name for "Forms\KpiFeat.resx". Could not find file 'D:\Documents and Settings\Alfonso\My Documents\Aplication\Code\AppGSM\AppGSM\Forms\KpiFeat.cs'.

The problem seems to lie in your resource file. Check that for any references.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 7:22 PM
  • Why just don't delete KpiFeat.resx file and also remove it from your solution. Find Folder Forms in your AppGSM project that fails and remove it.
    Wednesday, December 13, 2006 12:36 AM
  • If you 'Show All Files' in your Solution Explorer you should find the .cs file that you've removed but it may still be part of the project. Right click on the file and 'Exclude from Project'.
    Friday, October 23, 2009 5:10 PM
  • I had the same problem and I solved it as follows:

To reproduce the problem:

1.  Add a  new Form to your project named "Form2", the files created are "Form2.cs", "Form2.Designer.cs", "Form2.resx"

2.  Add a resource such as an image or anything.  Save the project and close Visual Studio.

3. Rename manually the files:
       "Form2.cs"->"Form3.cs"
       "Form2.Designer.cs"->"Form3.Designer.cs"
       "Form2.resx"-> "Form3.resx"

4. Open Visual Studio and open your project.  Notice that Form2 file is marked as unavailable with an exclamation mark

5.  Add Form3 to your project. (load an existing item and select the renamed file "Form3.cs" from your project directory)

6.  Build the project and you will receive this error.

To solve the problem:

Right click Form2 and choose "Exclude from Project"

Build your project and this time it should build correctly.

Saturday, May 15, 2010 5:12 PM