none
Run time error 3265

General discussion

• Can somebody please help? 

I have been trying for a week to solve a problem in my code. The project I'm working on is simple time keeping program that tracks when a user logs in and logs out.  The way I have it structured is that the user inputs his name in a text box and a table is created in the data base, that part I have no trible with.  My problem comes in when once the user changes forms and tries to log in on the login form the requested data is not updated to the database table.

In short I am attempting open an existing table using a textbox and inserting predefined date into the appropiate fields, eg. Date and time, with my code.  As of now I have been testing using a simple form containing a textbox control and a button control, there is no data access control on the form. All references to data control and access is written in the code.

Private Sub CmdOk_Click()

Dim Employees As ADODB.Connection
        Dim rstmytable As Recordset
        Dim Time_in
        Dim Date_Id As Date

Set rstmytable = New ADODB.Recordset
    Set Employees = New ADODB.Connection
        Employees.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Employees.mdb"
        rstmytable.Open (TxtName.Text), Employees, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic, adCmdTableDirect

With rstmytable

Time_in = Time
      Date_Id = Date

rstmytable.AddNew

End With

End Sub

Thursday, May 23, 2013 1:50 AM

All replies