none
Generate WF activities from a WSDL

Question

• The add adapter service reference dialog provides me the capability to generate WF activity in xaml format.

Provided we have a WSDL of generated contracts, thus is there any API which helps us in generating the WF activity in XAML format?

Fardu

Friday, March 30, 2012 3:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting! Currently, we don't have a standalone tool or public API can be used to generate WF client activity. You'll need to  create the client activity in Visual Studio or write a custom tool by manually analyzing the WSDL file to generate WF client activity.

Leo Tang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, April 05, 2012 8:29 AM
  • Hi Fardu,

- have a look at my article WF4 Custom activities for message mediation where the custom activity CreateMessage can help you in this scenario.

The following picture shows a concept of this custom activity:

During the design time, the xslt soap message is created based on the wsdl document. During the runtime this embeded xslt resource is parametrized and compiled to the soap message clr type for sending by Send Activity:

Thanks

Roman

Roman Kiss, MVP Connected System Developer

Friday, April 06, 2012 2:10 AM
  • Hello Roman,

Thanks for the input, I must admit that the post you mentioned is phenomenal in the work it achieves.

I did use the create message editor, but I was unable to generate the xaml out of the URL.

for ex: http://ws.cdyne.com/WeatherWS/Weather.asmx when the given url is posted to generate the contracts in xaml format, the create message editor did not generate any output, please let me know if I am missing any part?

Thanks,

Fardu

• Edited by Fardu Friday, April 06, 2012 6:06 PM
    Friday, April 06, 2012 5:31 PM
  • Fardu,

- this service has been redirected to:

http://wsf.cdyne.com/WeatherWS/Weather.asmx

Thanks

Roman

Roman Kiss, MVP Connected System Developer

Friday, April 06, 2012 10:12 PM