none
how to add SQL and MDX queries together?

Question

• Hi,

I have a SQL query as below:

SELECT  

Tfsversioncontrol.dbo.[tbl_changeset].[Comment] 'Comment',

Tfsversioncontrol.dbo.[tbl_changeset].[ChangesetID]

FROM Tfsversioncontrol.dbo.[tbl_changeset] JOIN Tfswarehouse.dbo.[changeset]

ON 

Tfsversioncontrol.dbo.[tbl_changeset].[ChangesetID] = Tfswarehouse.dbo.[changeset].[ChangeSet ID]

I want to combine comment from above query to below MDX query output:

SELECT NON EMPTY { [Measures].[Total Churn] } ON COLUMNS, NON EMPTY { ([Changeset].[Changeset ID].[Changeset ID].ALLMEMBERS ) }
     DIMENSION PROPERTIES MEMBER_CAPTION, MEMBER_UNIQUE_NAME ON ROWS FROM [Team System]
     CELL PROPERTIES VALUE, BACK_COLOR, FORE_COLOR, FORMATTED_VALUE, FORMAT_STRING, FONT_NAME, FONT_SIZE, FONT_FLAGS

Is it possible to combine SQL query output to MDX query?

Thank you for your help.

Ravi Bavanari

Thursday, August 18, 2011 11:00 PM

All replies

• In the report designer, you need to specify two datasources. When you make sure that both results have a key where you can bind them together, you can combine both results in your report.

Is that the answer you are looking for?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    Friday, August 19, 2011 3:22 PM
  • Hi Ewald,

thank you for your reply, I created both the queries as above in 2 different datasets (one SQL, another MDX), but in report out put it is not showing me any comments. Itried adding Comments field in existing column and in new column. Am I missing something here?

Both queries have Changeset number common, but how can I bind both datasets using Changeset number?

Thank you,

Ravi

Friday, August 19, 2011 3:51 PM