none
VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS = 0, Does not popup error message but add-in still disabled

Question

• Hi ...I am having trouble with my Outlook 2010 toolbar. But the toolbar does not load. The Load Behaviour in Registry is set to 2. I added an environment variable  "VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS" = 0, but Outlook Does Not throw any message on outlook load.

I followed these steps.

• An Environment variable VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS and set its value = 0.
    • Made Registry setting of "Load Behaviour" key for user = 3.
    • Loaded outlook, it loads up but nothing happens. No Add-in loaded. No Exception thrown. But when I view the add-in in options, the message shown is "a runtime error occurred while loading COM add-in". But why no error message is shown?

My platform is: WIndows 7 - x64, and Office 2010 - x86.

Please help, I'm unable to detect whats making toolbar not loaded on client PC. the Same toolbar loads fine on my Dev machine. I'm developing using VS 2010, and .net 4.0 client profile platform.

Saturday, June 26, 2010 9:29 PM

Answers

• Any advice that I could give you would be echoing Hamed's blog post on this subject, though you'll obviously want to replace "Excel" with "Outlook" in your case.

There is also a script listed int eh announcements section of this blog that will help you out.

• Marked as answer by VChaddha Tuesday, June 29, 2010 8:44 AM
    Monday, June 28, 2010 6:44 PM
  • I believe you posted your question on my blog, right? I am following up with the question there.

Hamed

• Marked as answer by VChaddha Tuesday, June 29, 2010 8:44 AM
    Monday, June 28, 2010 8:43 PM

All replies