none
Fails trying to install C++ 2005 redistribution (X64)

Question

• Just upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit and trying to install MatLab (version 2009a).  That in turn tries to install C++ 2005 redistribution (x64).

Produces the following error:
    Product: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) -- Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.ATL,type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="amd64"'.
    Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80073712. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, component: {837BF1EB-D770-94EB-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}    (NULL)

Have also downloaded the C++ file directly and get a similar result.

Suggestions?
    Saturday, January 02, 2010 8:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Deeppow,

Error 1935 means ERROR_AUTHENTICATION_FIREWALL_FAILED. It always happen when you are logging onto a machine which is protected by an authentication firewall. I would suggest you reboot your machine and reinstall Visual C++ 2005 redistributable (x64).

If it does not work, reboot your machine and disable Windows Update ( Start Menu -> Windows Update), and then reinstall this program. When setup is done, don't forget to enable Windows Update.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
    Nancy
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Proposed as answer by Evan Lin Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:43 AM
    Monday, January 04, 2010 4:49 AM
  • No, doesn't help.  From the 0x80073712, it appears "The component store is in an inconsistent state."  Can't find a way to correct the problem.
    Monday, January 04, 2010 2:20 PM
  • Note discussion here (http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/87f41fc9-30a6-48ef-bad3-a44b1a754d93) too.
    Monday, January 04, 2010 6:46 PM
  • Hi Deeppow,

Have you run setup file as Administrator? If not, try to do that. And I would suggest you refer to following articles, maybe it will give some hints:
    Best Regards,
    Nancy
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Nancy Shao Friday, January 15, 2010 2:43 AM
    Tuesday, January 05, 2010 8:00 AM
  • Nancy, this can be fixed easily. For some reason, newer versions of windows have a difficult time downloading the C++ 2005 version. Matlab offers a 2008 version but it is not set as the default. To make it the file to download, you need to locate your temp files created by MatLab that stores the files for installation. (Just copy and paste destination location you chose when you downloaded the installation program from MatLab's website into your file explorer). Once you do this, click on the folder named bin, then the folder named v90. There should be two files. Copy these. Then go back to the bin folder. Paste the two files. (you will be prompted to replace the files, do so.) These two files are C++ 2008, rather then C++ 2005. Now locate the setup program, which should be located in the same folder you pasted the two files to. It SHOULD download C++ 2008 instead. Which is exactly what we want!! I also noticed after the program installs, when opening MatLab C++ 2005 tries to install again. I run win 8, but i went into my program files, located the bin and vc90 folders, and repeated the process. Now MatLab runs like a champ! Hope this helps anybody else with the same problem. Figured I share the solution so you could share it as well.
    Tuesday, March 04, 2014 7:51 PM