none
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x64) Package failed

Question

• Can someone please help me with this?  I've tried to do repairs, uninstall and reinstall.  I'll do whatever I need to so I can get this resolved.

Thanks,

Dave

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 4:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

If you need to get further support. You should supply enough info for us. For example, what's the error you get?

How you installed it(Web installer or download content)?

And you can also try find the log file from %temp% folder, please filter the txt files by date and then you may able to find it. Try upload that file to www.skydrive.com and share me with a short link. Then we will be able to anaylze your error. (You can also try use this tool http://aka.ms/vscollect . It will need some time to run)

By the way, what's your VS version on your OS?

Regards,

Barry Wang
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 28, 2013 8:14 AM
  • The error I got from the latest VS2012 Ultimate ISO from MSDN was the subject of this thread.  I'm also running this on Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit  I was advised by another developer to attempt to uninstall and reinstall after some updates applied.  If this resolves or doesn't resolve the issue, I'll post back.

In looking at my %temp% folder, would i just be looking for dd_vs_ultimate_20130926223446.log?  This is filename on laptop that has it working.  Unfortunately, I'm trying to move to a new laptop and came across this problem.

How does the Collect.exe work?  Do I just run this after install to have it get the logs for me?

Thanks,

Dave

Monday, December 02, 2013 7:26 PM
  • Hi Dave,

After the installation logs will be created under %temp% folder.  dd_vs_ultimate_20130926223446.log contains log but not in detail. If you run collect after installation, full logs like: vscabs.log all visual studio installation log collectinfo.log and so on will be collected. And then I can help you analyze this log.

By the way, have you tried to use this tool to verify ISO checksum:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841290

It will be better if you can check it first. Sometimes the problem is always due to corrupt download.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, December 03, 2013 2:02 AM
  • Ok.  I verified the checksum and it matches the MSDN VS 2012 Ultimate ISO download.  When I run Collect.exe, I don't get the vslogs.cab file created.  I saw doing Collect.exe /? said -c:%TEMP%\vslogs.cab is the default, but even running cmd.exe as administrator isn't helping whether specifically passed or not.  I'm going to try to run this to the c:\temp directory to see if it helps.
    Tuesday, December 03, 2013 2:46 PM
  • Hi,

I've just found this error:

MUX:  ERROR: The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Media.FontFamily' threw an exception.
    [0A84:01D4][2013-01-07T18:24:18]: MUX:  Stack:    at System.Windows.Media.Typeface..ctor(FontFamily fontFamily, FontStyle style, FontWeight weight, FontStretch stretch)

Please refer to the solution on my thread here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/d025e58c-1591-4c0a-9955-869ce77ed425/vs-premium-2012-installation-failure-on-windows-7?forum=vssetup

Another error is the first error you mentioned

Type:ERROR
    Strings (7):[Product: Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x64) -- A later version of Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x64) is already installed.]

Please refer to your control panel and check if you have a later version installed already.

By the way, there are so many errors and it seems your %temp% folder haven't been cleaned for a long time. I can find some many logs with errors. If you still have errors, please try clean your %temp% folder. Reinsall and then share your log.

Regards,

Barry Wang

Wednesday, December 04, 2013 9:44 AM
  • I have version 10.0.31007 installed for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x64).  I don't see anything saying version that was trying to be installed.  If I indeed do have a newer version, should I just go on with what I have and apply the updates for VS2012?

Thanks,
    Dave

Wednesday, December 04, 2013 2:26 PM