none
InstallUtil.exe problem

General discussion

• Hello sir,
                   I have create an windows service. when I was try to install service using InstallUtil commant it creates problem.

"Access to the path C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual studio 8\VC\InstallUtil.Installlog is denied"

I am using window vista ultimate.

manoj
    • Changed type YiChun Chen Tuesday, February 24, 2009 2:29 AM Do not follow up
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 7:06 AM

All replies

• Did you run the command line as Administrator to pass UAC? Right click the command line "run as Administrator" to launch.

Thanks.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/vssetup/thread/60424309-bd78-4ca2-b618-03c4a16123b6
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 8:40 AM
  • Hi Manoj,

We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Thank you!

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 2:28 AM
  • Figo Fei, Thanks. Your suggestion worked.

- Hrishi Rao

hrishi
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 11:04 PM
  • Thanks Figo Fei,

I was also facing same problem as that of manoj. Your suggestion worked for me too.

Thanks

Thursday, November 22, 2012 12:26 AM