none
Change node backcolor in treeview

Question

• I have created a treeview

whene i click on any node in treeview it shows the corresponding notes in the texbox next to it

I want to change the back color of the node clicked

I able able to do till this

however I am not able to change the backcolor back to default

I am not able to cycle through the nodes in the treeview

I would be glad if some one could share tht code or tell me how to cycle through the tree nodes.

Thursday, July 12, 2007 12:05 AM

Answers

• There is no need to cycle through the nodes to find the currently selected node.  You can assign the node to a class variable whenever it is selected then reset its backcolor when the next node is selected.

'This code assumes you have a form names Form1 with a treeview control named TreeView1.

Private DefBackColor As Color

Private SelectedColor As Color

Private SelectedNode As TreeNode

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

DefBackColor = TreeView1.BackColor

SelectedColor = Color.Red

End Sub

Private Sub TreeView1_AfterSelect(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.TreeViewEventArgs) _

Handles TreeView1.AfterSelect

'Set the selected backcolor to the new node when it is selected.

SelectedNode = e.Node

SelectedNode.BackColor = Color.Red

End Sub

Private Sub TreeView1_BeforeSelect(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.TreeViewCancelEventArgs) _

Handles TreeView1.BeforeSelect

'Before the new node is selected reset the currently selected one's color back to default.

If SelectedNode IsNot Nothing Then

SelectedNode.BackColor = DefBackColor

End If

End Sub

Thursday, July 12, 2007 12:22 PM

All replies

• There is no need to cycle through the nodes to find the currently selected node.  You can assign the node to a class variable whenever it is selected then reset its backcolor when the next node is selected.

'This code assumes you have a form names Form1 with a treeview control named TreeView1.

Private DefBackColor As Color

Private SelectedColor As Color

Private SelectedNode As TreeNode

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

DefBackColor = TreeView1.BackColor

SelectedColor = Color.Red

End Sub

Private Sub TreeView1_AfterSelect(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.TreeViewEventArgs) _

Handles TreeView1.AfterSelect

'Set the selected backcolor to the new node when it is selected.

SelectedNode = e.Node

SelectedNode.BackColor = Color.Red

End Sub

Private Sub TreeView1_BeforeSelect(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.TreeViewCancelEventArgs) _

Handles TreeView1.BeforeSelect

'Before the new node is selected reset the currently selected one's color back to default.

If SelectedNode IsNot Nothing Then

SelectedNode.BackColor = DefBackColor

End If

End Sub

Thursday, July 12, 2007 12:22 PM
  • Thanks a lot

It worked Smile

Thursday, July 12, 2007 11:36 PM