none
Positioning controls for an ASP.NET website Visual Basic

Question

• Hey everyone, 

I was wondering if there is an addon, or another way to help me position controls for my website. I hate having to code the location of a button for example.

Isn't there a way to just move it freely around the form as you do in Visual basic or C# for example?

Saturday, December 18, 2010 1:16 PM

Answers

• There are two Microsoft ways, you use either Silverlight, or you use tables.

An ASP.Net website is in fact like every website created around tabbles. 

In version 1.x there was tried a while a fixed layout, but that is awful for users, so that was a short while.

Be aware that Visual Basic and C# are programming tools for ASP.Net you probably confuses VB6 with that which could only use Windows Forms.

With the current version you can address the layers: WPF, SilverLight, Phone, Applications, ASP.Net and still Windows Forms.

Success
    Cor
    • Marked as answer by Richard Cloete Saturday, December 18, 2010 6:06 PM
    Saturday, December 18, 2010 4:13 PM

All replies

• you can move it horizontally by pressing spacebar and vertically by pressing enter.
    Asgar
    Saturday, December 18, 2010 2:10 PM
  • Haha, I know that.

I mean I want to be able to move the components around as if they were buttons on a form in visual basic...

Saturday, December 18, 2010 3:44 PM
  • There are two Microsoft ways, you use either Silverlight, or you use tables.

An ASP.Net website is in fact like every website created around tabbles. 

In version 1.x there was tried a while a fixed layout, but that is awful for users, so that was a short while.

Be aware that Visual Basic and C# are programming tools for ASP.Net you probably confuses VB6 with that which could only use Windows Forms.

With the current version you can address the layers: WPF, SilverLight, Phone, Applications, ASP.Net and still Windows Forms.

Success
    Cor
    • Marked as answer by Richard Cloete Saturday, December 18, 2010 6:06 PM
    Saturday, December 18, 2010 4:13 PM
  • Thanks Cor, 

I checked out silverlight and it looks perfect! I can develop a website as if it were a desktop app!

Saturday, December 18, 2010 5:59 PM