none
Cannot Install any version of .Net Framework

Answers

All replies

• Which version do you need? Because version 1.1 is not the same like 3.5, etc.

If you install 3.5 SP1 it will also install 2.0/3.0.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 9:53 AM
  • 3.0 and 3.5 are add-ons to 2.0, so you need all three. Have you tried allowing the 3.5 SP1 to install from updates?

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 1:11 PM
  • 3.0 and 3.5 are add-ons to 2.0, so you need all three. Have you tried allowing the 3.5 SP1 to install from updates?

He tried to start with the .NET 1.0 version, 1.0.3705.0=dotnetfx.exe.

Yet the question should be, which version he would like to use?

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 4:01 PM
  • Why don't you install all versions? Maybe other applications need the frameworks.

Regards

martinwy

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 4:57 PM
  • Well, he did say "What is the lowest version I should start with, to get up to 3.5 SP1 ", so I inferred that his goal was 3.5 SP1.

I assumed he started with 1.0, not realizing 1.0 and 1.1 are not needed for 3.5. I could well be wrong, though :-)

• Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, May 26, 2010 2:52 AM
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 5:20 PM
  • This is for version 1.0.3705.0=dotnetfx.exe

Error 1935.An error occured during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.Vsa,Vb.CodeDOMPProcessor,Version="7.0.3300.0",

PublicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a",Culture="neutral'"

What is the lowest version I should start with, to get up to 3.5 SP1 and Family pack, that's waiting in my auto update queue?

What version of Windows are you running?  .NET 1.0 and 1.1 won't install on Vista or Windows 7.  If you're looking to get up to .NET 3.5 SP1, then I would suggest following devdre's instruction to install .NET 3.5 SP1.  It should install the previous versions at the same time.

Did my response help? Please Propose as Answer if it did and ask for clarification if it didn't.
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 10:44 PM
  • Hi Rilehu,

Thank you for your post.

Some clarification with you:
    What's your OS?

Firstly, you should let us know which version of .NET Framework do you want to install so that we can provide you more useful help here.

Secondly, some OS includes some .NET Frameworks as OS components. This means that we don't need to manually install them.
    For more information, you might refer to: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/03/14/mailbag-what-version-of-the-net-framework-is-included-in-what-version-of-the-os.aspx

Thirdly, if you have any concern on installing .NET Framework, we can check the log files to narrow down the possible cause. Please try the following steps one by one:

- Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%")
    - Install .NET Framework
     (For Vista or later OS, the installer must be run with administrator privileges - Right-click the installer >> "Run as Administrator")
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
       Collect tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx
    - Send vslogs.cab file to me (v-yicche@microsoft.com)
      Note: Please attach the link of this post in the mail.

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, May 26, 2010 2:51 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, May 26, 2010 2:53 AM
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 9:14 AM
  • I need 3.5 SP1 for driver and BIOS updates from the Dell website.
    Friday, May 21, 2010 2:15 AM
  • no version will install:(
    Friday, May 21, 2010 2:21 AM
  • Hi Rilehu,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please check the steps in my reply and provide me more useful information like your OS, log files so that I can give you more related suggestion on your concern?
    If you want to install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, you can download .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (Full Package) to have a try.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, May 21, 2010 3:37 AM
  • Here's what I get from: dotnetFx35

Setup error
    Please wait while setup is sending your feedback

No other screen shows up.

Here's what I get from: dotnetFx35sp1

Setup error

No other screen shows up.

Win XP Pro

Sunday, May 23, 2010 3:05 AM
  • Hi Rilehu,

Could you please try the following steps for further troubleshooting?

- Use Cleanup tool to clear the failed installation of .NET Framework 3.5 >> 3.0 >> 2.0 in order

- Run the installer of .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (Full Package) to install .NET 3.5 SP1 with Administrator Privilege

- If any problem occurs during the installation, use Collect tool to collect the log files for further troubleshooting.

The steps to collect the log:
    - Install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 full package
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
       Collect tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx
    - Diagnose the cause of failure installation
       Option 1:
       Try the points mentioned here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vssetup/thread/0376db8f-4761-4ae5-9af2-98c53216318a#How_to_diagnoseVS2008_NETFramework_logs to diagnose the cause of failure installation.
       Option 2:

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, May 26, 2010 2:52 AM
    Monday, May 24, 2010 4:53 AM
  • ok, the NetFramework folder under Widows is completly empty now.

How do I get to Administrator Privilege?

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 5:42 AM
  • Hi Rilehu,

Please log in your machine with Administrator account.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 2:51 AM
  • OK , according to Control Panel since i'm the only user i'm set as admin. all the time.

.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (Full Package)

I clicked the link above in you'r post and the result was:

Setup error

No other page showed up.

I downloaded this from a page the other link sent me to.

http://go.microsoft.com/?LinkId=8967043

and it said "Adding..." quite a few lines of stuff

After a second try of:

and another result of:

Setup error
    Please wait while setup is sending your feedback.

I searched for vslogs.cab    vslogs   and    .cab

"There are no results to display"

except for .cab which returned cabnet files from many programs but not "vslogs"

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 10:47 PM
  • Hi Rilehu,

I clicked the link above in you'r post and the result was:

Setup error

No other page showed up.

When did you get the error message? Did .NET Framework 3.5 installation start when you received this error message?

When I click this link, a message box will prompt up to ask me to save or run the installer of .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 full package.
    Did you come across the same scenario? If yes, please choose "Save" button and save the installer to your local disk. Then run the installer from your local disk.

Then follow the steps one by one I mentioned to collect the log files.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Thursday, May 27, 2010 3:47 AM
  • Yes it ask to run or save. I saved it.

It went into: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

Running it from here, a window opens:

Open File - Security Warning Do You Want to Run this file?

(click run)=(small box)=Extracting files setup is loading components...

(window)="Licence agreement" (click install)

Installing... calculating installation time...

Setup error sending your feedback/(window closes)

I went to %temp% and cleaned about 200 .tmp files and all files that had dotnetfx in them.

I ran it again fron the saved file, but it made no diff. in the windows that opened.

I then deleted all files from Temp Int. Files and did the download without any other copies or versions of it in there.

I ran it again and it extracted files to D\: and not C:\ for some reason.

But with same results

Friday, May 28, 2010 12:19 AM
  • Hi Rilehu,

I've checked the steps that you mentioned in your last reply. It looks like that it would be different.

Please check the following steps one by one:

- Install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 full package
    - If the installation fails, please run Collect tool
    - Open "%temp%" folder again and find vslogs.cab file
    - Diagnose the cause of failure installation
       Option 1:
       Try the points mentioned here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vssetup/thread/0376db8f-4761-4ae5-9af2-98c53216318a#How_to_diagnoseVS2008_NETFramework_logs to diagnose the cause of failure installation.
       Option 2:

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Friday, May 28, 2010 5:47 AM
  • HERE'S SOMTHING DIFFERENT FOR A CHANGE.

Please check the following steps one by one:

Step-1 - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%")

C:\DOCUME~1\RichLee\LOCALS~1\Temp

This folder has 15 folders and 68 files in it, none have netframework mentioned.

Step-2 - Install (download).NET Framework 3.5 SP1 full package

Full package is 231mb takes about 1-1/2 hours. Downloaded it went to:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
    Ran from here same as before.

Step-3 - If the installation fails, please run Collect tool

Clicked this link on above page: http://go.microsoft.com/?LinkId=8967043

0 USSetupS events found.

8 MsiInstaller events found.

Scanning for special Windows logs...

File does not exist: Skipping "C:\WINDOWS\logs\CBS\cbs.log"

Skipping SQL log collection: not found.

Scanning for log files in

"C:\Documents and Settings\Richlee\Local settings\"

Scanning for log files in

"C:\Documents and Settings\Richlee\Local settings\Temp"

Then a small window with

Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c

Pressed continue and a whole lot more lines.

Step-4 - Open "%temp%" folder again and find vslogs.cab file
    It made a folder, (a blue colored 3-drawer file cabnet icon), with 9 files in it that need to be EXTRACTED.

Do I send it as is or extract a spacific file in it?

Sunday, May 30, 2010 5:50 AM
  • Hi Rilehu,

Thank you for your confirmation.

It looks like that Collect Tool doesn't work properly. Thus, you didn't find vslogs.cab file in your %temp% folder.

Could you please help me to manually collect .NET Framework 3.5 installation related log files?
    For more information on .NET Framework 3.5 log files, please see: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2007/07/31/4156781.aspx

Please pack these log files up with some third party tools like Winzip and send it to my mailbox.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Monday, May 31, 2010 5:27 AM
  • I'm also having problems installing .NET 3.5. Can I send you my logs to look at?

Thursday, March 29, 2012 6:23 PM
  • Hello ODell77.

You really should start a new thread. Posting to this old, answered thread means that few readers will see your post.

Before anybody can help you, some basic information is required. What is your Windows version and Service Pack level?

The steps you need to take are VERY different depending on your Windows version.

You should also provide complete install logs as follows:

Please collect your install logs with this:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=E0DA314F-6216-4A18-BC6B-7D29CF83AF20&displaylang=e&displaylang=en

After you run Collect.exe, you'll find vslogs.cab in your %temp% directory. Please upload vslogs.cab to a public site, like SkyDrive, and post the link in your new thread.

Friday, March 30, 2012 12:01 AM